Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:52 AM   #11701
Homeslice
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
do love 4G.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	375356  
Homeslice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:17 AM   #11702
njsapple2012
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
do love 4G.
I know speeds will vary etc dependent on various factors but seeing those tests is making me want to pay off the rest of my contract and join EE
njsapple2012 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:24 AM   #11703
fat jez
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glasgow, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
do love 4G.
you're doing better than me, very patchy coverage where I am and I get about 16Mbps at best. Admittedly that's about 4x faster than BT can give me on ADSL
__________________
'11 MBP 2.3GHz 16GB RAM 240GB SSD 15" Anti-Glare screen OS X 10.9.2
iPhone 5S 64GB
iPad Air 32GB
fat jez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:58 AM   #11704
Homeslice
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I work for EE and have had a sim since day before launch. must say coverage on day of launch seemed useless but it's improved so much in my area and outskirts of London.

can't wait for other networks to get it and prices to drop.
Homeslice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:51 PM   #11705
kaibex
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Sussex, UK
Not bad speeds on EE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	375447  
__________________
"Commitment is doing the things you said you'd do, long after the mood you said it in has left you."
kaibex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:57 AM   #11706
trap
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
iPad Mini (64GB White Celluer) On Order
Offtopic: I found that all London shops have any iPad Mini models in stock since 2nd of November. I got mine iPad mini 16GB white with no queue on 3/11/2012 and then cancelled my online order.
trap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 02:42 AM   #11707
MrKambo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trap View Post
Offtopic: I found that all London shops have any iPad Mini models in stock since 2nd of November. I got mine iPad mini 16GB white with no queue on 3/11/2012 and then cancelled my online order.
My local currys has about 50 of them when i walked in on Saturday, but I'm after the LTE version
MrKambo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:23 PM   #11708
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Hi I'm struggling to find the answer in this long thread so apologies for asking, but I've managed to secure a reservation for tomorrow and wanted to ask about the nano sim.
I'm in contract with Vodafone and will let it run to it's end early next year. Do I need to visit the Vodafone shop beforehand (I hope not it was rammed the other day and I'm doing this in my lunch hour). So do the apple staff have the ability to call Vodafone and sort it out? How long did your activation then take?
Aniseedvan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:28 PM   #11709
MrKambo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniseedvan View Post
Hi I'm struggling to find the answer in this long thread so apologies for asking, but I've managed to secure a reservation for tomorrow and wanted to ask about the nano sim.
I'm in contract with Vodafone and will let it run to it's end early next year. Do I need to visit the Vodafone shop beforehand (I hope not it was rammed the other day and I'm doing this in my lunch hour). So do the apple staff have the ability to call Vodafone and sort it out? How long did your activation then take?
pop into a vodafone store and ask them to transfer your number to a nano sim, itll take up to 24 hours, normally done in a couple, my orange microsim to nano sim took 7 hours

should really be as simple as that, you wont lose your number or current contract etc etc
__________________
iPhone 5 (32GB White) iPad 3rd Gen (16Gb Black Celluer) aTV 3rd Gen
Twitter
MrKambo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:33 PM   #11710
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
pop into a vodafone store and ask them to transfer your number to a nano sim, itll take up to 24 hours, normally done in a couple, my orange microsim to nano sim took 7 hours

should really be as simple as that, you wont lose your number or current contract etc etc
Ugh thanks, ok the MK Vodafone store was bonkers on Tuesday, I was really hoping to be able to avoid it if possible!
Given I have the store managers number after they messed up on something I might ring up in the morning so they have one ready...
Aniseedvan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 05:04 PM   #11711
MrKambo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniseedvan View Post
Ugh thanks, ok the MK Vodafone store was bonkers on Tuesday, I was really hoping to be able to avoid it if possible!
Given I have the store managers number after they messed up on something I might ring up in the morning so they have one ready...
you may be able to call customer services have them send one out if it makes it easier, depends on whether vodafone keep stock etc etc
__________________
iPhone 5 (32GB White) iPad 3rd Gen (16Gb Black Celluer) aTV 3rd Gen
Twitter
MrKambo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:35 AM   #11712
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040
 
bandofbrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniseedvan View Post
Ugh thanks, ok the MK Vodafone store was bonkers on Tuesday, I was really hoping to be able to avoid it if possible!
Given I have the store managers number after they messed up on something I might ring up in the morning so they have one ready...

I collected my nano sim from my local 02 store before I visited my apple store.

The specialist asked if I had a nano on me and proceeded to do the sim swap in the apple store on a demo MBA for me. Took a couple of days to complete due to 02 systems being really busy. Normally takes 2 to 24 hours as already stated.

Enjoy this awesome device.
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:05 AM   #11713
scgf
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Market Harborough, UK
Thinking of selling my iPhone 5

I have a white 32GB SIM-free iPhone 5 and I want to go back to a 4s - I've decided I prefer the heft and screen size of the older model.

Any ideas as to the best way to sell it? It's mint and boxed as new.
scgf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:16 AM   #11714
guicane
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK
I'm here trying to reserve an iPhone as if my life's gonna end tomorrow!

So frustrating! I have friends in different parts of the UK and they have no problem reserving iPhone for next day collection but it seems impossible to get one in London...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgf View Post
I have a white 32GB SIM-free iPhone 5 and I want to go back to a 4s - I've decided I prefer the heft and screen size of the older model.

Any ideas as to the best way to sell it? It's mint and boxed as new.

I would buy it off you if you were in London! I really want the black version though! They are going for a lot of money on eBay but remember the eBay fees are something like 10% on the final sale value.
__________________
MacBook Pro retina 15" (Late 2013) | iPhone 5 16GB White
guicane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:46 AM   #11715
scgf
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Market Harborough, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by guicane View Post
I would buy it off you if you were in London! I really want the black version though! They are going for a lot of money on eBay but remember the eBay fees are something like 10% on the final sale value.
I'm not out to make a profit - 565 would be fine. If I can't sell it I'll stick with it.
Might pop into CEX after work tomorrow.
scgf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:01 AM   #11716
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofbrothers View Post
I collected my nano sim from my local 02 store before I visited my apple store.

The specialist asked if I had a nano on me and proceeded to do the sim swap in the apple store on a demo MBA for me. Took a couple of days to complete due to 02 systems being really busy. Normally takes 2 to 24 hours as already stated.

Enjoy this awesome device.
Well it was very efficient if a little underwhelming but apple had a stock of nano sims and a page with vodafone where he entered the new one. My old one had deactivated within half an hour. So i escaped the voda bedlam...
No setup offered, just heres the phone i'll email you a receipt...! yet there was someone next to me with the pgone out of the box and button pressing away with the staff. Still, its setup, and only one odd issue i might post over in ios6 tomorrow...
__________________
2012 11" MBA, 2014 13" rMBP, iPhone5
Aniseedvan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:30 PM   #11717
Bonnie0104
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgf View Post
I'm not out to make a profit - 565 would be fine. If I can't sell it I'll stick with it.
Might pop into CEX after work tomorrow.
Are you still up for selling it and I could pay for the postage?
Bonnie0104 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:57 PM   #11718
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Question

Wish I knew how to sell mine too. It seems the Internet is full of scammers and within 5 mins of the advert being placed you get 10 emails obviously fake! Plus I state O2 network 16gb white and they ask....is it unlocked? What colour is it?? Surely there is an easier way to sell the most desired phone in London right now? No?
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:12 PM   #11719
guicane
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
Wish I knew how to sell mine too. It seems the Internet is full of scammers and within 5 mins of the advert being placed you get 10 emails obviously fake! Plus I state O2 network 16gb white and they ask....is it unlocked? What colour is it?? Surely there is an easier way to sell the most desired phone in London right now? No?
CeX are paying quite well for it and it's basically no questions asked. Price will change depending on the condition of the device.

http://cl.ly/Klq7
__________________
MacBook Pro retina 15" (Late 2013) | iPhone 5 16GB White
guicane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:49 PM   #11720
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by guicane View Post
CeX are paying quite well for it and it's basically no questions asked. Price will change depending on the condition of the device.

http://cl.ly/Klq7
Cex suck . They pay minimum and sell for maximum. Good business for them, rips off sellers.
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:56 PM   #11721
guicane
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK
To be fair I sold mine I got on release day from 100 more than it cost me in Apple so... result!
__________________
MacBook Pro retina 15" (Late 2013) | iPhone 5 16GB White
guicane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:29 AM   #11722
Westyfield2
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bath, UK.
Have to say I'm pretty impressed, and their 3G speeds when there's not LTE signal aren't too shabby either.


West Ealing yesterday (inside my car)



Bath yesterday (inside my house)
__________________
iPhone 5 64GB on 4GEE
iPad 3G+WiFi 64GB
13" MacBook Air (2.13GHz, 4GB, 256GB) - 15" MacBook Pro (2.4GHz, 4GB)
Mac Mini (2.6GHz quad i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD)
Westyfield2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:41 AM   #11723
Quu
macrumors 65816
 
Quu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
How are you guys finding the puny data caps on EE?

It's mad to me that I can get unlimited 14Mb 3G with Three for less than EE's 500MB package. I mean sure the LTE is fast, but really would you notice the difference between 14Mb and 30Mb-50Mb on a phone? I mean sure there is tethering but with the small data caps kinda makes it useless you'd burn through it very quickly if you tried to use it for anything that would warrant such fast speeds like HD video streaming.

I just don't see the point in this EE network right now with the small data caps, expensive plans and spotty coverage when there are almost as fast 3G offerings that are unlimited and inexpensive with great coverage.

I think I'd feel a bit burnt being an early adopter of their network right now.
__________________
Notebook: 17" C2D MBP, 2.93GHz, 4GB RAM, SSD+HDD, Mavericks
Desktop: Three 30", Ci7 3930K, OS X Mavericks, 32GB RAM, 2xGTX780 SLI, 840 Pro SSD
iOS Devices: iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Air 16GB WiFi
Quu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:43 AM   #11724
fosman
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I'm still making reservations in all London stores every day for a black 32gb Sim Free. Am I the only one? It seems like madness considering the amount of time since launch.

Has anyone been able to walk into a store and buy on the spot yet?

Never had to go through so much effort to get a company to take my money!
fosman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:33 AM   #11725
elliotn
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosman View Post
I'm still making reservations in all London stores every day for a black 32gb Sim Free. Am I the only one? It seems like madness considering the amount of time since launch.

Has anyone been able to walk into a store and buy on the spot yet?

Never had to go through so much effort to get a company to take my money!
You're not alone!

I've been trying to reserve one in London for about 5 weeks (some days I try just one store, other days 3 or 4).

I'm surprised that Apple have not modified their reservation system, given their severe lack of stock. It's a farce to expect customers to jump through the reservation hoops every single day for weeks on end. A reservation should be made just once - what's the point in making us do it again and again?
elliotn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK iPhone 5s and 5c Thread Taylor-C iPhone 8320 Nov 26, 2013 03:09 PM
Wrap Around iPhone screen? (Not an iPhone 6 thread) ry23 iPhone 2 Oct 6, 2013 10:06 PM
The everything you use your iPhone 5 for thread Myiphone7 Wasteland 16 Oct 13, 2012 12:56 AM
New Zealand iPhone 5 Thread OwenMeasures iPhone 3 Sep 27, 2012 01:50 PM
The UK iphone 5 Thread duction iPhone 13 Sep 1, 2012 01:29 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC