Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Yay, another 12/3 person! Welcome!

----------

Just completed my paperwork call. I did not get the chance to ask whether the 12/3 would be iOS or CPU. But, training will be 9:00AM-6:00PM CST, Monday-Friday. We will be off (with pay) December 24th, 25th, 31st, and January 1st.

During my offer call, I was told that training would include 1 Saturday (December 8th), but this was not mentioned in the paperwork call.

12/3 is CPU!

GrinnerG

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Yay, another 12/3 person! Welcome!

----------

Just completed my paperwork call. I did not get the chance to ask whether the 12/3 would be iOS or CPU. But, training will be 9:00AM-6:00PM CST, Monday-Friday. We will be off (with pay) December 24th, 25th, 31st, and January 1st.

During my offer call, I was told that training would include 1 Saturday (December 8th), but this was not mentioned in the paperwork call.

Thanks! I was also on that call. Some "interesting" questions - :)

Congrats! I bet a load of stress is off your back.

Yes indeed - Thanks!

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
Well you and I OBVIOUSLY heard wrong!(sarcasm) I think we can rule out the option that those of us who were told iOS for 11/26 are mistaken. I would doubt myself as well if I didn't clearly hear the instruction to "return the iPod touch that is delivered with your imac". So I guess the only options left are multiple classes, or bad info from Apple. I suppose both are plausible.

Congrats to everyone still pushing!

when did you do your paperwork session?

----------

So I went into my local Apple store to complete my I9, the manager was so cool and down to earth!!... Even though the store was super busy!.... it was cool to see the "behind the scenes" look behind the silver doors lol..:cool: So I will be sending my stuff off in a few.. and then the countdown begins!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

onoderapopular

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
I got thanks for playing email 2 weeks ago after interviewing with the team manager, then I am seeing an AHA position in my location again today (date posted 2 days ago)

Do you think I should create a new ID or something..? because when I try to apply it already says "Applied".

Honestly I have no clue why I didnt pass... I have a lot of experience with tech support including being Tier2 agent and I was able to answer all the questions at the interview ...

I know one of my friend lives in a different state, she is a mom and hasnt been working for around 7 years with no tech support experience and she got the job so I am pretty lost :(

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
11/26 Class is CPU NOT IOS

The 11/26 Class is for CPU and not IOS ...on the paperwork session class right now and thats what the manager said!!:):):)

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
I got thanks for playing email 2 weeks ago after interviewing with the team manager, then I am seeing an AHA position in my location again today (date posted 2 days ago)

Do you think I should create a new ID or something..? because when I try to apply it already says "Applied".

Honestly I have no clue why I didnt pass... I have a lot of experience with tech support including being Tier2 agent and I was able to answer all the questions at the interview ...

I know one of my friend lives in a different state, she is a mom and hasnt been working for around 7 years with no tech support experience and she got the job so I am pretty lost :(

You are not the first and wont be the last to get passed up with an extensive tech background. They want customer service and empathy.

----------

The 11/26 Class is for CPU and not IOS ...on the paperwork session class right now and thats what the manager said!!:):):)

Nope 11/26 is iOS.

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
For the people doing paperwork today (for 11/26) did they tell you that 12/24, 12/25, 12/31 and 1/1 you were off with pay? I am just wondering, as our class would end the week before that (if based on 4 weeks training.) I know they told thaphatdiva that, but her class begins on 12/3.

Stukenbroeker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Hey MrMack. I didn't take your comments offensively. I meant to put in that post that I was just kidding with the sarcasm. My personality doesn't come across very well in writing. Oops. So there must be multiple 11/26 classes, since now iOS and CPU have been confirmed by Apple.

So I guess that brings us to this: who has been confirmed for iOS for 11/26?

Catbite777?

Any others?

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Hey MrMack. I didn't take your comments offensively. I meant to put in that post that I was just kidding with the sarcasm. My personality doesn't come across very well in writing. Oops. So there must be multiple 11/26 classes, since now iOS and CPU have been confirmed by Apple.

So I guess that brings us to this: who has been confirmed for iOS for 11/26?

Catbite777?

Any others?

My paperwork isn't until tomorrow and the only thing I was told was on the 2nd interview, in which they said CPU.

I'll be sure to report what they tell me in tomorrow's paperwork session!

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
We are on the paperwork call right now and she confirmed to us that it is CPU, not iOS. Perhaps there are indeed different classes.

They have the incorrect information. I confirmed with a higher up it is INDEED iOS.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
I guess we will know for sure with no speculation on the 26... so for now its safe to say there is in fact a conflict of information.. so lets move on to a new topic :D:D How about those Mets? :rolleyes::cool:

Im just kidding :) Just bored at work thought I would have some fun lolcats

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Waiting on second call

So after seeing this thread I had applied and got the first call yesterday and waiting till Friday to get the second interview. Crossing my finger that they would call on Friday!

Btw I am in Atlanta

onoderapopular

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
You are not the first and wont be the last to get passed up with an extensive tech background. They want customer service and empathy.

Thanks for the response Famous600.
I was told that its important to show customer service and empathy, and I am huge on that and my friend got the job is a nice person but honestly dont really care much about either one of the. She even told me that she would just quite if the training is too tough on her because she applied to kill her time...! Im like then just give it to me if its too tough on you!lol dont know what apple is watching! :eek:

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
I was on the same call as you, so I can also validate that.

I was there with you as well and I heard them say more than once that it's CPU.

and....

and...

Haha... you can't do that! You know you could start a riot in here doing stuff like that! lol :)

Look what you did, shame on you! haha haha haha!

and...

and...

lol... terrible terrible. :)

I didn't think you did, but I just wanted to extend an apology just in case. I think your personality is great and it comes out perfectly fine in your words. :)

you are a riot not me with your and... and... and :p:p:p:p:D with this much training is bound to be fun lol

----------

So after seeing this thread I had applied and got the first call yesterday and waiting till Friday to get the second interview. Crossing my finger that they would call on Friday!

Btw I am in Atlanta

good luck!!! and remember empathy empathy empathy!

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
:eek: My background check has completed and I just missed a call from Apple from my original interviewer :eek:

Is it possible I have an opportunity to sip the kool-aid :cool: :apple:

I hope I landed this job this process has had me on a roller coaster!!! :D

mthbz

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
HEY! 11/26 GUYS!

My name is Matt. Nice to meet all of you! I have posted a few times in the thread before. I'm sure you are all just as excited as I am to be chosen for the AHA position.

So, now that paperwork is done and sent in, I am eagerly awaiting the equipment. Woohoo! Anyone know when it is supposed to arrive? :D

I would like more information from my classmates! Being cooped up in the house all day will be bad for my social life. Let's make some friends! PM me (if you want) so we can get better acquainted. :apple:

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
HEY! 11/26 GUYS!

My name is Matt. Nice to meet all of you! I have posted a few times in the thread before. I'm sure you are all just as excited as I am to be chosen for the AHA position.

So, now that paperwork is done and sent in, I am eagerly awaiting the equipment. Woohoo! Anyone know when it is supposed to arrive? :D

I would like more information from my classmates! Being cooped up in the house all day will be bad for my social life. Let's make some friends! PM me (if you want) so we can get better acquainted. :apple:

Hi Matt! We were told that the equipment should be delivered no later than the 21st and not to open it until the 26th. We were told to open it at 9am and to be "camera ready" as apparently there will be a lot of time that we're on camera. They said we'll have about 15 minutes to get it all set up and get in the classroom. Gratz on getting in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.