Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidLeigh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Hey guys,

I bought a full retail hard copy of Diablo 3. When it got to the screen asking me to activate it. I clicked Activate simply because i don't have a Battle.net account and all that. So i went through the process, registered and downloaded the 50mb game client. The installation seems to be taking a long time getting through the first few percent. Is this normal? What do i do with the game client? Was i supposed to click "i've already activated"? I've not done anything with the game before, no beta, demo or anything....just stuck a brand new disc in. It's getting late and i don't want to stay up all night. Please help.

Cheers,

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
Hey guys,

I bought a full retail hard copy of Diablo 3. When it got to the screen asking me to activate it. I clicked Activate simply because i don't have a Battle.net account and all that. So i went through the process, registered and downloaded the 50mb game client. The installation seems to be taking a long time getting through the first few percent. Is this normal? What do i do with the game client? Was i supposed to click "i've already activated"? I've not done anything with the game before, no beta, demo or anything....just stuck a brand new disc in. It's getting late and i don't want to stay up all night. Please help.

Cheers,

Now that you have a battle.net account set up, all you have to do is let the installer finish... I don't know why it would be stuck, but try to wait it out another 10mins.. hopefully it finishes, then when you launch the game you'll log in w/ your email/pw and that's that.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Hi,

What is the 50mb game client for then?
That's a good question. I originally installed from a disk, and dutifully applied patches as available. My entire Diablo III folder is just shy of 13 GB.

Some of the game is on your computer, and some on the Blizzard servers.

iLeet

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
You don't need to download the game client. Just insert the disc and install. It'll update then you can launch and sign in

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.