Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:33 PM   #1
VirtualRain
macrumors 603

No Audio/Sound occasionally on iPad since iOS 6 update

I use my iPad 3 with an alarm clock app to wake me up every morning. I put it on the dock, set the alarm, and go to sleep. Half the time since I've updated to iOS6, the alarm is going off, but no sound is coming out.

I've noticed this happen when I pick it up off the dock once in a while and want to watch a video... no sound. So it's not just the alarm clock app. It's like the whole audio software system is dead.

When this happens, I need to restart the iPad to get sound back but the audio will stop working at some random time later, making my iPad useless as an alarm clock.

It worked flawlessly before iOS6.

WTF! Anyone else having this issue?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Kadman
macrumors 65816

I had this happen with my iPhone 5. I only had it happen on one evening and through limited testing I was thinking it had to do with the use of max volume. It was within the first couple of weekends of launch and we were at my son's high school soccer game, but we wanted to keep up with the Reds baseball game. I fired up the MLB app and cranked the volume to max so that others around me could hear it.

That's when the sound cut out. From that point, no matter how I set the volume I had no sound. I could kill an app and on restart it would play for an instant and then cut out again. The only way to really get sound back was to have the volume lower and then reboot the phone. I've not needed max volume since and never felt the need to test the theory again for fear that I couldn't get it back to normal again.
Kadman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting