Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luke23

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Hi,

Obviously if I am actually using the connection the battery will go down :D. What I mean is if just the connection, without doing anything consumes battery.

The point is that I want easy access to Internet with my iPad via iPhone. But to establish connection every time is quite a pain... go to the menu, then to iPad, and so on... is any trick to just with one button tell the iPad to connect to the iPhone?

Thank you very much in advance!!

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Yes, this would still consume battery. The phone would still be broadcasting an SSID for a device to join which would require power regardless if the device is actually using the internet.

luke23

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Yes, this would still consume battery. The phone would still be broadcasting an SSID for a device to join which would require power regardless if the device is actually using the internet.
And can I easily connect to the iPad to the wifi of the iPhone without having to do go to the share internet menu?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.