Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Closed Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:38 PM   #1
xofruitcake
macrumors 6502a

iPad Mini installed in a car

Probably not worth it as a replace nav. But it would be an interesting choice as a complete entertainment systems. Probably beat all the high end Auto manufacturer's systems..

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/07/c...ple-ipad-mini/

Apple's iPad mini has not been on the market very long, but some aftermarket shops are already installing the tablet into a car. We saw this practice with the iPad and iPad 2, but the 7.9-inch version of the Apple product could be ideal for automotive integration.

Florida-based "Soundwaves of Tampa" has become the first outfit that we know of to install the iPad Mini in a passenger car. The vehicle of choice? A 2012 Toyota Corolla. The iPad Mini was worked into the center console of the compact sedan by replacing the stereo DIN with a custom mount. It slides out of the side, and has a seamless appearance when installed.

So what will it take to bring the iPad's functionality to your car? According to the Soundwaves of Tampa YouTube page, the tablet can be installed in most cars for $800, not including the $329-659 price of the iPad Mini. The company is quick to point out that the installation price will vary based on the vehicle in which the tablet would be installed. Check out the video below to let one of the creative individuals from Soundwaves of Tampa best describe the product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RCXJIjxvPNE
xofruitcake is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:40 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Please see our MacRumors News Story on this here:

iPad Mini Already Installed in Car Dashboard

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad