Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hi all, juggling between several devices - Mac partition, windows partition, of laptop, work computer has caused me to rely on dropbox. The experience has been phenomenal! However, unfortunately, pages and numbers don't work with that awesome ecosystem!
Can anyone recommend me an alternative that does?
I know quick office pro hd and documents to go premium are up there...but which one is the 'best'. It's crucial that my formatting and formulas in excel aren't lost when I open it up on my ipad.

Any ideas??

Thanks all!

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
If you want to stay with Pages, Numbers, Keynote then check out SME Cloud File Manager (paid for) as they allow you to connect it to your DropBox account (and many others) and act as a WebDav client which does work with the Apple apps.

I have been using it for a while and it does work well. Alternatively you could use something like Office HD which has direct DB support and seems to work reasonably well.

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
I've used Quick Office Pro HD for powerpoints - its OK but there are a lot of issues with formatting of existing slides and sometimes there are files that it just won't open.

However, as far as integrating with DropBox it does that very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.