Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:30 AM   #8251
HenryBishop
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
No that makes sense, I was just curious. I actually was wondering because I was thinking about getting a black mini at some point and wanted to make sure you didn't have some flaws that I didn't know about.
No flaws whatsoever. I've read snippets on "scuffgate" regarding the Minis, but mine came out of the box in beautiful, pristine condition. It's a great device, and I could care less if it doesn't have retina display, but I like to match since my iPhone 5 is going to be delivered tomorrow. It's either I wait until BestBuy has white 32GB minis or I swap.
HenryBishop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:39 AM   #8252
Nsomnia34
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomnia34 View Post
Just a heads up. I ordered a black 32 gb and white 16 FB on 10/26 and never had an order update. Just got off the phone with Verizon and he said my order didn't go through. After it went to fraud it fell off and nothing I can do but reorder them. Luckily tomorrow is the last day to still have ship date of 11/16. Sucks I've been waiting for nothing.
Just left Verizon store and the guy said he's heard of that happening before. Did another order and still have the 16th ship date and e said I might have it around the 13th. If they lose this one I'm sticking with AT&T.
Nsomnia34 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:15 AM   #8253
mw217
macrumors newbie

Fed Ex shipment stolen in NY - insurance?

Long-time reader, first-time poster. I ordered a 16GB phone in-store on 10/16. It was shipped Fed Ex and delivered to my house in Brooklyn, NY on Monday. My elderly landlady, who lives on the first floor signed for the delivery at 4 p.m. and Fed Ex left the package on the table inside our front door. Unfortunately, between 4 p.m. and 5:30 when my roommate got home, the package was stolen off the table. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with recent shipments?

We are the only tenants, renting the top floor, with the landlady and her friend living downstairs, so there is no foot traffic besides us. There's a gate and steps leading up to the front of the house, so it's not super easy for some random person to peek inside. We've never had mail stolen before, and on Monday there were other packages and mail sitting on the table, which were still there at 5:30. Only the iphone box was taken. This makes me think it's likely to have been someone with knowledge of the chain of Verizon orders and Fed Ex shipments (apologies to them if I am wrong).

A few questions -- is it correct that the iphones ship in "discreet" boxes? They don't scream "APPLE" or "IPHONE" or anything on the return address, do they?

Also, I purchased Total Equipment Coverage with the phone through Verizon -- I am about to call the third party that handles claims, Asurion. Has anyone had experiences with them, or would anyone happen to know if they're likely to cover the phone before I've activated it (but after purchase)?

Sorry if this has been addressed here before. Thanks for any advice. All things considered, it's not the end of the world, but obviously a big annoyance and a bummer.
mw217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:24 AM   #8254
SavMBP15
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavMBP15 View Post
2 x iPhone 16GB (1 white, 1 black)
Ordered in store: 10/23
Credit Card Charged: 11/6
Tracking Info posted: not yet
Ship Date: not yet
Received: N/A
Tracking Info Posted: 11/7
Ship Date: 11/7
Receive: Expected delivery on 11/9 by 7pm (Savannah, GA)
SavMBP15 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:45 AM   #8255
musiddiqui
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsk1992 View Post
really? 16G black can't ship recently ??? i ordered on oct26. i mean you received e-mail from verizon about shipping?
I ordered online and never received any confirmation email so called Verizon on 11/05 and was told that even though I did not get the confirmation email they still have my order on their system and I should expect my shipment after 11/16 because of a shortage of black 16gb iPhones. Haven't received shipping email yet, hopefully they won't take too long.
musiddiqui is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:45 PM   #8256
zsk1992
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiddiqui View Post
I ordered online and never received any confirmation email so called Verizon on 11/05 and was told that even though I did not get the confirmation email they still have my order on their system and I should expect my shipment after 11/16 because of a shortage of black 16gb iPhones. Haven't received shipping email yet, hopefully they won't take too long.
where you are? which state ?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiddiqui View Post
where you are? which state ?
zsk1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:59 PM   #8257
thefurion
macrumors newbie

huh.. I didn't expect this but I ordered on 11/5 with estimated ship date of 11/16 and it already shipped on 11/6 O_o..

64gb white btw. Maybe no one wants the 64gigs?
thefurion is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:08 PM   #8258
zsk1992
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefurion View Post
huh.. I didn't expect this but I ordered on 11/5 with estimated ship date of 11/16 and it already shipped on 11/6 O_o..

64gb white btw. Maybe no one wants the 64gigs?
really!~~ congratulation~~! oh my god my 16G black .... i wait for 2weeks , but still no charge on my bank card .
zsk1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:44 PM   #8259
hecalder
macrumors newbie

no update yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecalder View Post
I had a change in status since yesterday:

We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet. What does that mean?
They took my money from my account as of today!
ok no change in status, called Verizon... and transfered to online customer service, they said they could not see when it will ship either but they do show payment was taken.. they said check back tomorrow,, meanwhile status still shows... payment not taken online and no ship date anymore....
by the way it is 2 16gb black iphone5's and original order date was 10/21 and when it did show it said ship by 11/16... I hope it shows up soon... sigh!!!

Last edited by hecalder; Nov 7, 2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added order date and prev shipping by date
hecalder is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:43 PM   #8260
hipshotdisaster
macrumors newbie

the suspense is killing me

My fiance and I each ordered a 16GB White Iphone 5 in-store on 10/30. We also got the by 11/16 ship date, of course. The sales guy at the Verizon store confirmed what a few of you have said about them coming in around a week early (which would be Friday, but I'm not really holding my breath). I overdid it in hyping myself up for this phone and now the waiting is all the worse for it. Even so, what's another week?

My question is, for any of you that ordered in-store, does the preorder shipping info change status just the same as if we had ordered them online?
hipshotdisaster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:48 PM   #8261
hecalder
macrumors newbie

Wink They shipped!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecalder View Post
ok no change in status, called Verizon... and transfered to online customer service, they said they could not see when it will ship either but they do show payment was taken.. they said check back tomorrow,, meanwhile status still shows... payment not taken online and no ship date anymore....
by the way it is 2 16gb black iphone5's and original order date was 10/21 and when it did show it said ship by 11/16... I hope it shows up soon... sigh!!!

11/07/12 4:06 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38185, US Picked up
11/07/12 12:36 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
estimated arrival 11/09/12

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipshotdisaster View Post
My fiance and I each ordered a 16GB White Iphone 5 in-store on 10/30. We also got the by 11/16 ship date, of course. The sales guy at the Verizon store confirmed what a few of you have said about them coming in around a week early (which would be Friday, but I'm not really holding my breath). I overdid it in hyping myself up for this phone and now the waiting is all the worse for it. Even so, what's another week?

My question is, for any of you that ordered in-store, does the preorder shipping info change status just the same as if we had ordered them online?
yes.. on the preorder.. and keep an eye they are shipping about 1 week earlier.. so you might have them shipped by friday!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:00 PM   #8262
hipshotdisaster
macrumors newbie

Awesome. I figured it would, but a week's worth of checking an unchanging pre-order status is wearing on me >.<

----------

Of course, now that I said that I went and checked the status again and it changed from "order is in process" with an 11/16 ship date to "sent for processing" with no ship date. From what I've seen this at least means they're ready to be moved somewhere, which is encouraging
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8263
MartyF81
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw217 View Post
Long-time reader, first-time poster. I ordered a 16GB phone in-store on 10/16. It was shipped Fed Ex and delivered to my house in Brooklyn, NY on Monday. My elderly landlady, who lives on the first floor signed for the delivery at 4 p.m. and Fed Ex left the package on the table inside our front door. Unfortunately, between 4 p.m. and 5:30 when my roommate got home, the package was stolen off the table. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with recent shipments?

We are the only tenants, renting the top floor, with the landlady and her friend living downstairs, so there is no foot traffic besides us. There's a gate and steps leading up to the front of the house, so it's not super easy for some random person to peek inside. We've never had mail stolen before, and on Monday there were other packages and mail sitting on the table, which were still there at 5:30. Only the iphone box was taken. This makes me think it's likely to have been someone with knowledge of the chain of Verizon orders and Fed Ex shipments (apologies to them if I am wrong).

A few questions -- is it correct that the iphones ship in "discreet" boxes? They don't scream "APPLE" or "IPHONE" or anything on the return address, do they?

Also, I purchased Total Equipment Coverage with the phone through Verizon -- I am about to call the third party that handles claims, Asurion. Has anyone had experiences with them, or would anyone happen to know if they're likely to cover the phone before I've activated it (but after purchase)?

Sorry if this has been addressed here before. Thanks for any advice. All things considered, it's not the end of the world, but obviously a big annoyance and a bummer.
1. If FedEx did not deliver the box to you personally, they are responsible. You did not consent for them to deliver it to another person. Call them.

2. The boxes are pretty discrete, but are also well known. They just say the shipper is "AI" (which stands for Apple Inc.). Other than that there is just an address. But anyone who has ordered from Apple would know it.
11" MBA iPhone 5 iPad-3 LTE
MartyF81 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:32 AM   #8264
musiddiqui
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsk1992 View Post
where you are? Which state ?

----------

where you are? Which state ?:d

Maryland
musiddiqui is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:13 AM   #8265
Nsomnia34
macrumors regular

Quote:
Just left Verizon store and the guy said he's heard of that happening before. Did another order and still have the 16th ship date and e said I might have it around the 13th. If they lose this one I'm sticking with AT&T.
Now the money has been taken out for the first order. The guy I talked to didn't know what he was doing. My order was there the whole time. Shipping info now has a blank spot for tracking number. I had to cancel my second order I did yesterday. At least they are getting shipped soon.

Got shippment tracking number and my phones will be here Monday by 7pm. Now I need to do a restore on my phone and take the jailbreak off. It sucks I will be without a jailbreak until new one comes out but I'm hoping having the 5 is worth the wait of it.

Last edited by Nsomnia34; Nov 9, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Nsomnia34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:33 AM   #8266
Jason99kr
macrumors member

Ordered it Oct 25 16gb black
sent for processing Nov 7 & card charged
got shipping notification Nov 8
delivered by Nov 12
Jason99kr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:38 PM   #8267
s4yunkim
macrumors regular

Quote:
Just a heads up. I ordered a black 32 gb and white 16 FB on 10/26 and never had an order update. Just got off the phone with Verizon and he said my order didn't go through. After it went to fraud it fell off and nothing I can do but reorder them. Luckily tomorrow is the last day to still have ship date of 11/16. Sucks I've been waiting for nothing.

I ordered mine on 10/31 (Black, 64GB) and hadn't seen any updates as of 11/7, so I called verizon and sure enough, my order was stuck in the fraud department. I had to fax in a bunch of documents to prove I was who the order said I was, and they immediately reinstated my order. I checked American Express' website and they are showing a charge for the iPhone on 11/7, so I'm guessing the order is getting ready to ship? Here's hoping...

Crappy thing was, Verizon never notified me of the fact that the order needed verification. They had all my information right, but had I not called I would have lost my pre-order!
s4yunkim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:28 PM   #8268
robo74
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to robo74
Ordered a black 32gb in store on 11/6, shipped by 11/15 is what I was told.
Got notification today (11/8) that it has shipped. Tracking on fedex website says 11/12 delivery.

No complaints on my end.

Rob
robo74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:30 PM   #8269
hipshotdisaster
macrumors newbie

Well, to update...

2x 16GB White iPhone 5
Ordered in-store on 10/30
Shipping info went blank 11/7
Called Verizon today to ask about shipping, they said it had shipped and it would be 3-4 days.
Checked shipping status again an hour later and the tracking number was up.
UPS says delivery by 4:30PM 11/12

All in all, only two weeks wait

Good luck to all those still waiting!

EDIT: And for all those wondering, we did get the confirmation email (one for each iphone, actually) but the status on verizon's page still just says "sent for processing" with no dates or anything so... don't believe 'em!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:33 PM   #8270
David2395
macrumors newbie

Ordered 16GB black on the 5th. Wondering if im going to get a ship confirm soon. Probably wishfull thinking. When do you thibk i might get a shipping confirm email?
David2395 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:38 PM   #8271
HenryBishop
macrumors member

Mine was delivered just before six tonight. It is glorious!
HenryBishop is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:45 PM   #8272
hecalder
macrumors newbie

almost here

looks like I will get them tomorrow.. see my previous threads...
11/08/12 4:23 PM GRAND FORKS, ND 58203, US At destination sort facility
11/08/12 2:07 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38118, US Departed FedEx location
11/07/12 5:02 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38118, US Arrived at FedEx location
11/07/12 4:45 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38185, US Left FedEx origin facility
11/07/12 4:06 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38185, US Picked up
2 16gb black Iphone 5's
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:58 PM   #8273
David2395
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryBishop View Post
Mine was delivered just before six tonight. It is glorious!
When did you order yours?
David2395 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:32 PM   #8274
CaMike
macrumors newbie

I ordered my 16gb Black/Slate on 11/3 with an estimated 11/16 ship date.
Order # 374xxx
Does anyone around my details have any changes yet ?

Last edited by CaMike; Nov 8, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
CaMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:48 PM   #8275
1234fif
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMike View Post
I ordered my 16gb Black/Slate on 11/3 with an estimated 11/16 ship date.
Order # 374xxx
Does anyone around my details have any changes yet ?
I ordered a black 16gb the same day as you around 7:20 ish PT. I'm really hoping for an update tomorrow. Everyone that ordered black 16gb's seem to have the longest waits. The 32gb's and 64gb's seem to ship very fast, as I seen someone on here ordered a 32gb on Monday and it shipped a couple of days later.
1234fif is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone