Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Every single Electric or Hybrid car ever produced by any company has had supply issues.

Is this a conspiracy too? Or is it true that both these cars and the iPhone are difficult to make and have high demand, thus creating the supply issues.

Really every single one? My fiance just got the Sonata Hybrid and it's probably the best value one and she had her pick of options and colors. Try again.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Don't worry. After 4 more years of Obama, we'll be assembling phones for China. Right here in the People's Republic of America.

I call top bunk, comrades!

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
The way Jony Ives designs phones so thinner and lighter, Apple will soon have to offer a "build it yourself" option. You pay $80.00 less and receive a box of parts and a link to online instructions.

It'll be called the iKEAPhone.

Screen_Shot_2012_11_07_at_9_14_18_PM.png

Don't forget the allen wrench! ;)

(IKEA Uppleva Parody - CONAN: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89taazMC6FE"]YouTube Link)[/URL]

Last edited:

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Apple should have started producing the IPHONE5 in the june quarter and then they would have been ready for this spectacular demand. Even at 400000 to 500,000 iphones being produced each day its not enough. Demand is unbelievable.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Why would it? It's not a conspiracy as much as a fact. Of course they hold back supply to create artificial demand. EVERY iPhone has had "supply issues," or so they call it. You'd think that if they really wanted to have enough, they'd make it so that there are enough made in advance.
What, make everyone wait 3 months longer so we can all get it at the same time, all the while losing sales to Android because the new iPhone isn't out yet? Great business plan!

Fact is, production for devices with such cutting edge tech has to be ramped up; no company in the world can produce and ship 10 million bleeding edge smartphones in 1 month.

J.D.M.

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2007
I am absolutely mortified people are unable to get their hands on mobile phones.
I stupidly thought that the headline related to the treatment of the staff at foxconn rather than iPhone 5 demand.
Its beyond belief that that's all we I'm talking about when it comes to Foxconn rather than the conditions that its employees work under .
Nets catch jumpers for Christ's sake, I hope the chairman does not take a few employees outside and shoot them to try and concentrate the minds of the other employees to stop them falling short of demand.

Exactly. Because of this, I can't entertain the thought of buying an iPhone 5. People are suffering because people want to have the latest and greatest. Bleh. =/

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Don't worry. After 4 more years of Obama, we'll be assembling phones for China. Right here in the People's Republic of America.

I call top bunk, comrades!
I would say China is now even more capitalist than America.

theanimaster

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
The iPhone 5 is cr@p...

The iPhone 5 is cr@p.... low-quality boring design that scratches easily and you can't do ANYTHING on iOS, so stop buying these ridiculous overpriced products, save your money and donate to charity!!!

That ought to do it! Now I can receive my iPhone 5 on time... shhhhh.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Why would it? It's not a conspiracy as much as a fact. Of course they hold back supply to create artificial demand. EVERY iPhone has had "supply issues," or so they call it. You'd think that if they really wanted to have enough, they'd make it so that there are enough made in advance.

I agree. But . . .
No company would not make more product if there was a 100% chance to sell that extra product like with the iPhone. For Apple it's really Foxconn etc can't make enough. If they could then sales would be even higher.

Apple, victim of it's own success.

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
I Got 64GB Black With An AT&T Store Order In 3 Days

Those 3-4 weeks are no joke either. My brother's came in at the tail end of his 4 week mark, and I'm at the end of week 3 with no new information.
My order in a corporate AT&T store took only 3 days to be fulfilled. That was about the end of week 2 after launch. :)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
How about the iMacs????? who's making those and when can I order??

Take my money now please :apple:

The two issues could be related to each other..It's possible that we are not seeing the iMacs ready for sale, the backlog of production on the lines has pushed back the release of the new imac...I'm in the same boat with now two buddies who want my help in ordering and speccing their new iMacs....I jsut hope this doesn't run out until the new year....From a very selfish perspective, I already have my IP5, one of the lucky ones who pre-ordered. I also have the Ipad4 ....But tell us Apple where are the iMacs?:mad:

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
No problem with slow manufacturing , just please when I spend my hard earned money dont give me a yellow screen, or faulty hardware... I rather wait

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
What, make everyone wait 3 months longer so we can all get it at the same time, all the while losing sales to Android because the new iPhone isn't out yet? Great business plan!

Fact is, production for devices with such cutting edge tech has to be ramped up; no company in the world can produce and ship 10 million bleeding edge smartphones in 1 month.

Trying comprehending what I said. Make enough IN ADVANCE. Meaning before the launch.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
It's not too hard to find one but for some reason people are obssessed with getting their phone directly from apple.

I noticed this on launch day I went to my carrier and there were only 6 people in line as opposed to the apple store where there were a lot more.

People can be stupid for lack of a better term.

Maybe if people went directly to sprint or Verizon or AT&T they would fare better
This is so true.

A friend of mine is the Local AT@T Store Manager. He's had iPhone 5 models in stock consistently for the last month. His store is the top selling iPhone store in the region. A company store, the reps are not allowed to suggest a certain model.

In other news he's reporting a strong demand for two out of the three top selling phones in his region. First being the Galaxy S III, and the third best seller the Galaxy Note.

----------

No problem with slow manufacturing , just please when I spend my hard earned money dont give me a yellow screen, or faulty hardware... I rather wait
Various faults are a by-product of staggering, high pressure assembly environments.

----------

The iPhone 5 is cr@p.... low-quality boring design that scratches easily and you can't do ANYTHING on iOS, so stop buying these ridiculous overpriced products, save your money and donate to charity!!!

That ought to do it! Now I can receive my iPhone 5 on time... shhhhh.

Well played :)

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Trying comprehending what I said. Make enough IN ADVANCE. Meaning before the launch.

I comprehend it perfectly. What you fail to take into account is that during initial production runs, yields are much lower than they are in subsequent runs. It wouldn't surprise me if Foxconn was able to make less than 1 million Minis per month when it first started. Even as production ramped up over the last month or two, it was probably still able to make only 2 or 3 million per month. To have 10 million available for launch would have delayed the release by at least 2 months. During which time millions of Nexus 7s would have been purchased instead of the Mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.