Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1
pooleman
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Help with Mac App store purchases

Hello All,

I am having some very frustrating issues and need help. Last year I bought Keynote and Pages for my older Mac Mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I had to wipe my mini last week as it had a congested HD drive was pretty slow. So I wiped everything and reinstalled snow leopard, itunes, the whole shebang. When I got to the part where I reinstalled Keynote and Pages I opened the MAC APP STORE, clicked on "purchases", and then clicked on Keynote it said that I needed to have 10.7 installed to download.

I already paid $20 each for these 2 apps. How can I download prior versions of KEynote and Pages. Apple support from India I assume said I was skrewed basically.

Please Help
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:27 PM   #2
colshine
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
The App Store only contains the latest version. Do you have a Time machine backup or something you could copy it from?
__________________
 2011 MBP 15 inch |  iPad 3 |  iPhone 5 |  TV 3
colshine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:42 PM   #3
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by colshine View Post
The App Store only contains the latest version. Do you have a Time machine backup or something you could copy it from?
Nope. The App Store always said that you can easily download any purchase as often as you want. So I never worried about it.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:17 PM   #4
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020
 
gmanist1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
Hello All,

I am having some very frustrating issues and need help. Last year I bought Keynote and Pages for my older Mac Mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I had to wipe my mini last week as it had a congested HD drive was pretty slow. So I wiped everything and reinstalled snow leopard, itunes, the whole shebang. When I got to the part where I reinstalled Keynote and Pages I opened the MAC APP STORE, clicked on "purchases", and then clicked on Keynote it said that I needed to have 10.7 installed to download.

I already paid $20 each for these 2 apps. How can I download prior versions of KEynote and Pages. Apple support from India I assume said I was skrewed basically.

Please Help
Why not just update to 10.7?
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:46 AM   #5
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanist1000 View Post
Why not just update to 10.7?
I have an older Mac mini that cannot update above Snow Leopard. Otherwise I would.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:27 AM   #6
colshine
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
I have an older Mac mini that cannot update above Snow Leopard. Otherwise I would.
I would keep complaining to Apple - you purchased the software and should be able to download it again.
__________________
 2011 MBP 15 inch |  iPad 3 |  iPhone 5 |  TV 3
colshine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:06 AM   #7
chaosbunny
macrumors 68000
 
chaosbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: down to earth, far away from any clouds
Welcome to the Apple way. Time to buy a new computer to use the software you bought. Isn't the Mac App Store great for consumers with enough money?
__________________
>> Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x3.46ghz | GTX670 | 24gb | 240gb ssd | 6tb hds | usb3 | Dell U2711 + Wacom Cintiq 13" HD <<
chaosbunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:39 AM   #8
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbunny View Post
Welcome to the Apple way. Time to buy a new computer to use the software you bought. Isn't the Mac App Store great for consumers with enough money?
Super helpful. Thanks buddy.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:46 PM   #9
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Any other suggestions? I'm dying here.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:21 PM   #10
firedept
macrumors Demi-God
 
firedept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbunny View Post
Welcome to the Apple way. Time to buy a new computer to use the software you bought. Isn't the Mac App Store great for consumers with enough money?
I believe this is the best answer you will get. This is why I stick to trying to buy directly from the developer. I know this is Apple software which is twice the whammy. I also suggest trying to find a physical iWorks disc for sale. This way you always have physical copy.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:36 PM   #11
chaosbunny
macrumors 68000
 
chaosbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: down to earth, far away from any clouds
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
Super helpful. Thanks buddy.
I'm sorry, but since you mentioned you already contacted Apple support and there is nothing they could do you are pretty much out of luck.

firedepts idea of finding a (used?) physical iWork disc is probably the only thing left to do. But it also involves spending money again.

I know it sucks, it's one of the reasons why personaly I don't use the Mac App Store. It can not be that hard to offer previous versions of their software for the past 1-2 OS releases, for people who keep their machines for more than 5 years. But guess what, that's not what Apple wants, they want you to buy a new machine.
__________________
>> Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x3.46ghz | GTX670 | 24gb | 240gb ssd | 6tb hds | usb3 | Dell U2711 + Wacom Cintiq 13" HD <<
chaosbunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:45 PM   #12
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbunny View Post
I'm sorry, but since you mentioned you already contacted Apple support and there is nothing they could do you are pretty much out of luck.

firedepts idea of finding a (used?) physical iWork disc is probably the only thing left to do. But it also involves spending money again.

I know it sucks, it's one of the reasons why personaly I don't use the Mac App Store. It can not be that hard to offer previous versions of their software for the past 1-2 OS releases, for people who keep their machines for more than 5 years. But guess what, that's not what Apple wants, they want you to buy a new machine.
It sucks. I'm actually considering buying a new laptop, not just because of this issue; not being able to sync using icloud with my desktop, not being able to use airplay from my desktop to my apple tv,and so on. If I could convince my wife to allow it than I would but one but she won't budge, especially since I just bought a new iPhone 5 and Ipad mini.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac App Store, Failed to Download, Use the Purchases Page to Try Again DavoteK Mac Applications and Mac App Store 5 Jan 12, 2014 09:06 PM
Apple Adds 'Learn More About In-App Purchases' Feature to iPad App Store MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 42 Apr 29, 2013 02:19 AM
Apple Adds 'Offers In-App Purchases' Disclosure for App Store Apps [Update: Now on iOS Stores] MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 84 Apr 10, 2013 06:26 PM
Any way to add pre-App Store purchases to App Store? majordude Mac Applications and Mac App Store 4 Sep 5, 2012 08:58 PM
Mac App Store showing purchases for an account that isn't mine ProfMonnitoff OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 5 Aug 17, 2012 12:56 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC