Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Help with Mac App store purchases

Hello All,

I am having some very frustrating issues and need help. Last year I bought Keynote and Pages for my older Mac Mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I had to wipe my mini last week as it had a congested HD drive was pretty slow. So I wiped everything and reinstalled snow leopard, itunes, the whole shebang. When I got to the part where I reinstalled Keynote and Pages I opened the MAC APP STORE, clicked on "purchases", and then clicked on Keynote it said that I needed to have 10.7 installed to download.

I already paid $20 each for these 2 apps. How can I download prior versions of KEynote and Pages. Apple support from India I assume said I was skrewed basically.

Please Help
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:27 PM   #2
colshine
macrumors regular

The App Store only contains the latest version. Do you have a Time machine backup or something you could copy it from?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:42 PM   #3
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by colshine View Post
The App Store only contains the latest version. Do you have a Time machine backup or something you could copy it from?
Nope. The App Store always said that you can easily download any purchase as often as you want. So I never worried about it.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:17 PM   #4
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
Hello All,

I am having some very frustrating issues and need help. Last year I bought Keynote and Pages for my older Mac Mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I had to wipe my mini last week as it had a congested HD drive was pretty slow. So I wiped everything and reinstalled snow leopard, itunes, the whole shebang. When I got to the part where I reinstalled Keynote and Pages I opened the MAC APP STORE, clicked on "purchases", and then clicked on Keynote it said that I needed to have 10.7 installed to download.

I already paid $20 each for these 2 apps. How can I download prior versions of KEynote and Pages. Apple support from India I assume said I was skrewed basically.

Please Help
Why not just update to 10.7?
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:46 AM   #5
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanist1000 View Post
Why not just update to 10.7?
I have an older Mac mini that cannot update above Snow Leopard. Otherwise I would.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:27 AM   #6
colshine
macrumors regular

Quote:
I have an older Mac mini that cannot update above Snow Leopard. Otherwise I would.
I would keep complaining to Apple - you purchased the software and should be able to download it again.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:06 AM   #7
chaosbunny
macrumors 68000

Welcome to the Apple way. Time to buy a new computer to use the software you bought. Isn't the Mac App Store great for consumers with enough money?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:39 AM   #8
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbunny View Post
Welcome to the Apple way. Time to buy a new computer to use the software you bought. Isn't the Mac App Store great for consumers with enough money?
Super helpful. Thanks buddy.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:46 PM   #9
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Any other suggestions? I'm dying here.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:21 PM   #10
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
I believe this is the best answer you will get. This is why I stick to trying to buy directly from the developer. I know this is Apple software which is twice the whammy. I also suggest trying to find a physical iWorks disc for sale. This way you always have physical copy.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:36 PM   #11
chaosbunny
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Super helpful. Thanks buddy.
I'm sorry, but since you mentioned you already contacted Apple support and there is nothing they could do you are pretty much out of luck.

firedepts idea of finding a (used?) physical iWork disc is probably the only thing left to do. But it also involves spending money again.

I know it sucks, it's one of the reasons why personaly I don't use the Mac App Store. It can not be that hard to offer previous versions of their software for the past 1-2 OS releases, for people who keep their machines for more than 5 years. But guess what, that's not what Apple wants, they want you to buy a new machine.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:45 PM   #12
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I'm sorry, but since you mentioned you already contacted Apple support and there is nothing they could do you are pretty much out of luck.

firedepts idea of finding a (used?) physical iWork disc is probably the only thing left to do. But it also involves spending money again.

I know it sucks, it's one of the reasons why personaly I don't use the Mac App Store. It can not be that hard to offer previous versions of their software for the past 1-2 OS releases, for people who keep their machines for more than 5 years. But guess what, that's not what Apple wants, they want you to buy a new machine.
It sucks. I'm actually considering buying a new laptop, not just because of this issue; not being able to sync using icloud with my desktop, not being able to use airplay from my desktop to my apple tv,and so on. If I could convince my wife to allow it than I would but one but she won't budge, especially since I just bought a new iPhone 5 and Ipad mini.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store