Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:34 AM   #1
mentaluproar
macrumors 68000

apple in-ear headphones vs earpods

I am curious if anyone has owned both of these what their opinion of them is.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:30 AM   #2
Benjamin,
macrumors member

I've owned both. Earpods hands down. Richer sound quality. Deeper base. More stable, more discrete.... They don't fall out as easily.

One con with EarPods. They don't seal your ear in anyway, meaning that tehy aren't very sound-blocking.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:34 AM   #3
mentaluproar
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin, View Post
One con with EarPods. They don't seal your ear in anyway, meaning that tehy aren't very sound-blocking.
To be fair, are there any good sound-blocking options in this price range?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Julien
macrumors 601

Transducers are BY far the most important and influential part of an audio system. The rule of thumb is to spend about 60% to 70% of your electronics budget on the speakers. If you are interested in quality sound reproduction you will need to spend more (or at least as much) on you IEM's as you did on the iPod.

For decent sound quality at a low price with good noise isolation you could go with something like UE's 600's or Shure SE215's.

Last edited by Julien; Nov 8, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
Julien is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:07 AM   #5
thatoneguy82
macrumors Demi-God

I have both and I like the in-ear earphones. But, to be honest, I didn't really use the earpods for a long time. I am used to noise canceling type of in-ear earphones and this one just hanging didn't suit me. But, from what I heard it was good, could be better with different earpieces.
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Benjamin,
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentaluproar View Post
To be fair, are there any good sound-blocking options in this price range?
I've had awesome sound-blocking headphones just from the cheap-off the shelf options. For under 20...
Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:23 AM   #7
Four oF NINE
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin, View Post
I've owned both. Earpods hands down. Richer sound quality. Deeper base. More stable, more discrete.... They don't fall out as easily.

They don't fall out as easily? EarPods don't fall out as easily? I've never had the Apple in-ear $79 earphones fall out. Maybe you're talking about the original EarPods?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio