Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:49 PM   #1
johnothy
macrumors regular

iPad Mini screen size and design

I went to Best Buy and compared the screen size of the iPad Mini to the Kindle Fire HD and a few other 7 inch tablets. While the Kindle Fire has a color rich, sharper screen, it is too small to me. The iPad Mini seems like the best screen size at 7.9 inches with the right thinness and weight for a portable tablet. It is just too bad they didn't add the retina display. I think that is the drawback for most people along with the $329 price tag.
 iPhone 5|  iPad Air|  TV |  iPod
johnothy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:52 PM   #2
darkknight11
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnothy View Post
I went to Best Buy and compared the screen size of the iPad Mini to the Kindle Fire HD and a few other 7 inch tablets. While the Kindle Fire has a color rich, sharper screen, it is too small to me. The iPad Mini seems like the best screen size at 7.9 inches with the right thinness and weight for a portable tablet. It is just too bad they didn't add the retina display. I think that is the drawback for most people along with the $329 price tag.
so why is every size and wifi/lte version of the mini backordered for 2 weeks!? the price isn't "scaring" too many people
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:04 PM   #3
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnothy View Post
I agree with you about the size and the price tag. However I doubt most people, aside from Apple fans even know what retina is. Same thing with computers, how many times have you heard someone mistake ram for storage. I think most people are clueless about these things.
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:31 AM   #4
aleni
macrumors 68000

i dont think it's the price tag, but it's about the battery and screen technology.

if apple can fit retina display into the mini, and have the battery lasts 10 hours, they will sell it too this year.

$329 iPad Mini
$599 iPad Mini Pro (retina display, 1gb ram, A6x) (and im sure a lot of people will queue for this thing)

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad