Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pugthepig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
I can't figure out what is wrong. Whenever I create a document using Pages on my iMac I can't share it by simply attaching it to an email. No one can open it from the email. I've been forced to send it to my self, open it in Google Docs and then sharing the link for Google Docs. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong and how to fix it?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This will depend on what format you are saving the file in, and what application your buddies are using to view it.

You can save Pages files in a number of different formats, docx included. If you want just about everyone to be able to open and view them, then try saving as an rtf ( rich text format ) file...this is a cross platform format and should do the trick.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
They might be using Microsoft Word like the rest of the world and you're not saving as a compatible file

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Yeah, if you're going to use a non-standard program, you should be mindful and cater to what everyone else uses, Word. Go to Share>Export and export as a word document. If you have a lot of formatting, I would suggest exporting it as a PDF to maintain that.

I use Pages and don't even have Word installed on my computer, and this has worked for me for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.