Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
I'm managing preparations for an international conference, and I need some tools that the organising committee can use to work collaboratively. For various reasons, the local options for dedicated disk space and intranet/LMS are not very satisfactory for our needs, so I'm looking into alternatives.

Basically, I need something that:

- can function as our repository for planning documents, meeting minutes etc, where it would be easy for everyone to add and edit documents
- where it is also easy to create and collaboratively expand notes that keep track of important planning information
- I'd like to be able to easily store email correspondence
- I need something that works cross platform (I work in a Windows environment, but several people also use macs)
- I need something where 'everyone' can easily get viewing and editing rights to 'everything'

At the moment, I'm thinking of a combination of DropBox and Evernote, as DropBox would work well as a document repository and Evernote for more dynamic documents and emails. However, I haven't quite figured out the best division of labour between them, and I'm also wondering whether there are others alternatives out there that I should consider. I also need to bear in mind that several members are not very computer literature, so I need to keep our system as easy to use and navigate as possible.

Any thoughts on how to best set this up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.