Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:04 PM   #76
saud0488
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeagle View Post
Every single Electric or Hybrid car ever produced by any company has had supply issues.

Is this a conspiracy too? Or is it true that both these cars and the iPhone are difficult to make and have high demand, thus creating the supply issues.
Really every single one? My fiance just got the Sonata Hybrid and it's probably the best value one and she had her pick of options and colors. Try again.
saud0488 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:48 PM   #77
LagunaSol
Banned

Don't worry. After 4 more years of Obama, we'll be assembling phones for China. Right here in the People's Republic of America.

I call top bunk, comrades!
LagunaSol is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:15 PM   #78
Steve.P.JobsFan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
The way Jony Ives designs phones so thinner and lighter, Apple will soon have to offer a "build it yourself" option. You pay $80.00 less and receive a box of parts and a link to online instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utwarreng View Post
It'll be called the iKEAPhone.

Don't forget the allen wrench!

(IKEA Uppleva Parody - CONAN: YouTube Link)
Apple TV | 3rd Generation

Last edited by Steve.P.JobsFan; Nov 7, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Steve.P.JobsFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:49 PM   #79
bbeagle
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by saud0488 View Post
Really every single one? My fiance just got the Sonata Hybrid and it's probably the best value one and she had her pick of options and colors. Try again.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/229-so...ate-april.html

The Sonata Hybrid was ALSO delayed by supply issues when it came out.

What are you trying to say? That you can get one now? You can also get an iPhone 4S now, so I don't get your point.
bbeagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:15 PM   #80
bushman4
macrumors 65816

Apple should have started producing the IPHONE5 in the june quarter and then they would have been ready for this spectacular demand. Even at 400000 to 500,000 iphones being produced each day its not enough. Demand is unbelievable.
bushman4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:22 PM   #81
johnsy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgtrusa View Post
The solution is to hire more slaves.
Saw the commercial where Chinese laughs at Americans - they own US.

I don't need one. Perhaps it is marketing thing too. Samsungs are so much better.

Last edited by johnsy; Nov 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
johnsy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:52 PM   #82
MacinDoc
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Why would it? It's not a conspiracy as much as a fact. Of course they hold back supply to create artificial demand. EVERY iPhone has had "supply issues," or so they call it. You'd think that if they really wanted to have enough, they'd make it so that there are enough made in advance.
What, make everyone wait 3 months longer so we can all get it at the same time, all the while losing sales to Android because the new iPhone isn't out yet? Great business plan!

Fact is, production for devices with such cutting edge tech has to be ramped up; no company in the world can produce and ship 10 million bleeding edge smartphones in 1 month.
MacinDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:16 AM   #83
J.D.M.
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbyi View Post
I am absolutely mortified people are unable to get their hands on mobile phones.
I stupidly thought that the headline related to the treatment of the staff at foxconn rather than iPhone 5 demand.
Its beyond belief that that's all we I'm talking about when it comes to Foxconn rather than the conditions that its employees work under .
Nets catch jumpers for Christ's sake, I hope the chairman does not take a few employees outside and shoot them to try and concentrate the minds of the other employees to stop them falling short of demand.
Exactly. Because of this, I can't entertain the thought of buying an iPhone 5. People are suffering because people want to have the latest and greatest. Bleh. =/
J.D.M. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:18 AM   #84
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSol View Post
Don't worry. After 4 more years of Obama, we'll be assembling phones for China. Right here in the People's Republic of America.

I call top bunk, comrades!
I would say China is now even more capitalist than America.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:12 AM   #85
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsy View Post
Saw the commercial where Chinese laughs at Americans - they own US.

I don't need one. Perhaps it is marketing thing too. Samsungs are so much better.
China owns nothing and have invented nothing.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:40 AM   #86
theanimaster
macrumors 6502

The iPhone 5 is cr@p...

The iPhone 5 is cr@p.... low-quality boring design that scratches easily and you can't do ANYTHING on iOS, so stop buying these ridiculous overpriced products, save your money and donate to charity!!!

That ought to do it! Now I can receive my iPhone 5 on time... shhhhh.
theanimaster is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:00 AM   #87
divinox
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
The way Jony Ives designs phones so thinner and lighter, Apple will soon have to offer a "build it yourself" option. You pay $80.00 less and receive a box of parts and a link to online instructions.
80? More like 8.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko View Post
I would say China is now even more capitalist than America.
You must have a funny definition of Capitalism.
divinox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:04 AM   #88
the8thark
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Why would it? It's not a conspiracy as much as a fact. Of course they hold back supply to create artificial demand. EVERY iPhone has had "supply issues," or so they call it. You'd think that if they really wanted to have enough, they'd make it so that there are enough made in advance.
I agree. But . . .
No company would not make more product if there was a 100% chance to sell that extra product like with the iPhone. For Apple it's really Foxconn etc can't make enough. If they could then sales would be even higher.

Apple, victim of it's own success.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:07 AM   #89
TripHop
macrumors regular

I Got 64GB Black With An AT&T Store Order In 3 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrecka View Post
Those 3-4 weeks are no joke either. My brother's came in at the tail end of his 4 week mark, and I'm at the end of week 3 with no new information.
My order in a corporate AT&T store took only 3 days to be fulfilled. That was about the end of week 2 after launch.
TripHop is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:20 AM   #90
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdegid View Post
How about the iMacs????? who's making those and when can I order??

Take my money now please
The two issues could be related to each other..It's possible that we are not seeing the iMacs ready for sale, the backlog of production on the lines has pushed back the release of the new imac...I'm in the same boat with now two buddies who want my help in ordering and speccing their new iMacs....I jsut hope this doesn't run out until the new year....From a very selfish perspective, I already have my IP5, one of the lucky ones who pre-ordered. I also have the Ipad4 ....But tell us Apple where are the iMacs?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:08 AM   #91
MacBH928
macrumors 6502a

No problem with slow manufacturing , just please when I spend my hard earned money dont give me a yellow screen, or faulty hardware... I rather wait
MacBH928 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:28 AM   #92
saud0488
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinDoc View Post
What, make everyone wait 3 months longer so we can all get it at the same time, all the while losing sales to Android because the new iPhone isn't out yet? Great business plan!

Fact is, production for devices with such cutting edge tech has to be ramped up; no company in the world can produce and ship 10 million bleeding edge smartphones in 1 month.
Trying comprehending what I said. Make enough IN ADVANCE. Meaning before the launch.
saud0488 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:56 AM   #93
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediZenMaster View Post
It's not too hard to find one but for some reason people are obssessed with getting their phone directly from apple.

I noticed this on launch day I went to my carrier and there were only 6 people in line as opposed to the apple store where there were a lot more.

People can be stupid for lack of a better term.

Maybe if people went directly to sprint or Verizon or AT&T they would fare better
This is so true.

A friend of mine is the Local AT@T Store Manager. He's had iPhone 5 models in stock consistently for the last month. His store is the top selling iPhone store in the region. A company store, the reps are not allowed to suggest a certain model.

In other news he's reporting a strong demand for two out of the three top selling phones in his region. First being the Galaxy S III, and the third best seller the Galaxy Note.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmohd84 View Post
No problem with slow manufacturing , just please when I spend my hard earned money dont give me a yellow screen, or faulty hardware... I rather wait
Various faults are a by-product of staggering, high pressure assembly environments.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanimaster View Post
The iPhone 5 is cr@p.... low-quality boring design that scratches easily and you can't do ANYTHING on iOS, so stop buying these ridiculous overpriced products, save your money and donate to charity!!!

That ought to do it! Now I can receive my iPhone 5 on time... shhhhh.
Well played
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:14 PM   #94
MacinDoc
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Trying comprehending what I said. Make enough IN ADVANCE. Meaning before the launch.
I comprehend it perfectly. What you fail to take into account is that during initial production runs, yields are much lower than they are in subsequent runs. It wouldn't surprise me if Foxconn was able to make less than 1 million Minis per month when it first started. Even as production ramped up over the last month or two, it was probably still able to make only 2 or 3 million per month. To have 10 million available for launch would have delayed the release by at least 2 months. During which time millions of Nexus 7s would have been purchased instead of the Mini.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:55 PM   #95
samcraig
macrumors G5

This just in...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/14/f...ory/#continued
samcraig is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion