Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshj84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
So I have a macbook pro and can get any copy of the Parallels or Fusion. But I'm just curious as I want to play Black Ops 2 on my mac and what the best route for this would be?

Windows 7 x64 - my macbook pro retina specs are below

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
with that system, the game will be basically unplayable no matter what VM you use. VMs are always very very slow next to a natively (directly) installed Windows... if you want any chance of playing it with Windows, you'll have to dual boot your machine with Windows (aka "Bootcamp")

joshj84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
with that system, the game will be basically unplayable no matter what VM you use. VMs are always very very slow next to a natively (directly) installed Windows... if you want any chance of playing it with Windows, you'll have to dual boot your machine with Windows (aka "Bootcamp")

Thats fine I dont mind using Boot Camp...

With that being said would it work on boot camp even?

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
You'll have to do bootcamp. Machine isn't powerful enough for VM. That video card is going to seriously limit your playability though. Maybe running it at 1280x720 with low/medium? Go look at benchmarks for that video card and you'll see it struggles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.