Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:07 PM   #1
PatriotInvasion
macrumors 65816

Question about Bluetooth speakers

So I just picked up the JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker to use with my MacBook Pro and iPhone. It got great reviews compared to pricier alternatives from Jawbone and Bose.

While it sounds great with music, there is about a 0.3 second lag that makes watching video useless because the mouth is out of sync with the audio. Is this common with ALL Bluetooth speakers when using for video or is there likely an issue with my Bluetooth connection?

If its a limitation with all Bluetooth speakers, I'll be going back to the traditional wired route.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
I have found that it is a limitation with all bluetooth speakers because the audio is being sent wirelessly while the video is not going anywhere.
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:33 PM   #3
PatriotInvasion
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeaanuut View Post
I have found that it is a limitation with all bluetooth speakers because the audio is being sent wirelessly while the video is not going anywhere.
Well, the Jambox speaker promotes its use for all media (music, videos, etc). I find it hard to believe that they'd advertise it for movies when the audio sync is garbage

The odd thing is that sometimes it appears the audio and video are in sync and other videos its off by a lot. Wonder why that is...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals