Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:53 AM   #276
F123D
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrmstrng View Post
Here is the picture. I would consider my hands average in size and I can reach horizontally across the entire phone and with a little stretch I can reach the status bar without too much effort. My bigger concern isn't how the phone fits in my hand rather in my clothing.

Yeah, that picture looks like you're just holding some random phone, doesn't look gigantic. Some people think of the Note II and picture the phone to look more like this when being held..

Old Nov 7, 2012, 05:06 AM   #277
Twixt
macrumors 6502

Pity I can not find this 64GB one either in switzerland or in france.
More than 3 years ago my 3GS already had 32 GB, I can not believe that we now hope for max 64 GB only, when available...
Same problem comes for S3 it seems to be quite Samsung specific!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:13 AM   #278
dvrmstrng
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
More than 3 years ago my 3GS already had 32 GB, I can not believe that we now hope for max 64 GB only, when available...
what about a 16GB version and then 64GB expandable memory for somewhere around $35 USD?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:44 AM   #279
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
You do realise that you get 50gb of dropbox for 2 years and you fit a 64gb memory card in all. Dont tell me you could do that on your 3gs..
nick_elt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:21 AM   #280
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_elt View Post
You do realise that you get 50gb of dropbox for 2 years and you fit a 64gb memory card in all. Dont tell me you could do that on your 3gs..
Wait. 50GB of dropbox comes with every note 2 purchase?
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:39 AM   #281
Twixt
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_elt View Post
I dont have any usage of dropbox, i need local storage. How do you get your data with poor connectivity ?
Also i plan to buy a 64 GB card even 128 GB card when available so as to have at last decent local capacity...

----------

Quote:
what about a 16GB version and then 64GB expandable memory for somewhere around $35 USD?
I obviously plan to buy a card...
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:19 PM   #282
Zwhaler
macrumors 603

Just preordered my GN 2!!! I already picked up a 64GB SDXC for $49.99 plus tax, for once I'm really excited to get off the iPhone. I think I'll keep it for an iPod.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:34 PM   #283
F123D
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JUICEMAN View Post
Wait. 50GB of dropbox comes with every note 2 purchase?
I think international versions do. US carriers remove this feature here.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwhaler View Post
Just preordered my GN 2!!! I already picked up a 64GB SDXC for $49.99 plus tax, for once I'm really excited to get off the iPhone. I think I'll keep it for an iPod.
Picked up a 64gb card as well. Movies, music, and photos galore!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:00 AM   #284
bembol
macrumors 6502a

To the OP.

Yes.It.Is.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:16 AM   #285
golf1410
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
I think international versions do. US carriers remove this feature here.

----------

Picked up a 64gb card as well. Movies, music, and photos galore!
I got 50 GB. I have tmobile galaxy note 2.
golf1410 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:49 AM   #286
F123D
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf1410 View Post
I got 50 GB. I have tmobile galaxy note 2.
Looks like it was a Verizon and AT&T thing unless they decided to change it.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:09 AM   #287
theluggage
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Simples.

iPhone model: "Oooh, that 16GB model looks like a good price but... hold on... I don't think I need more than 16GB but what if I run out... I'll have to buy a new phone... so how much for 64GB.... eerk! but... as they say... buy cheap buy twice... it'll be worth it in the long run... Shopkeeper, do you take kidneys?" (Consequence: 16GB model priced to avoid 'sticker shock' - many customers easily upsold to 32GB or 64GB for a healthy premium).

Samsung model: "16GB... fine... if I run out then I can just buy a $30 SD card... yup. I'll take it!". (Consequence - minimal demand for 32 and 64GB models -> stores hold less stock -> made in smaller volumes -> even more expensive -> even less demand -> 32/64GB models like hen's teeth).

NB: in the UK, my Note II came with a big chunk of Dropbox space (45GB I think?) but only for 2 years.
theluggage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:45 AM   #288
hyteckit

Quote:
I am in the same exact boat as you

Note II- on contract- not sure if i want a phone that big- LTE
Nexus 4- from google- no contract- HSPA+

still very unsure.
Deciding between those two phone too.

Leaning towards note 2 because it looks like the nexus 4 has really bad battery life and limited to 16gb max.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluggage View Post
Simples.

Nexus model: "Oooh, that 16GB model looks like a good price but... hold on... I don't think I need more than 16GB but what if I run out... I'll have to buy a new phone... so how much for 64GB.... eerk! but... as they say... buy cheap buy twice... it'll be worth it in the long run... Shopkeeper, do you take kidneys?" (Consequence: 16GB model priced to avoid 'sticker shock' - many customers easily upsold to 32GB or 64GB for a healthy premium).

Samsung model: "16GB... fine... if I run out then I can just buy a $30 SD card... yup. I'll take it!". (Consequence - minimal demand for 32 and 64GB models -> stores hold less stock -> made in smaller volumes -> even more expensive -> even less demand -> 32/64GB models like hen's teeth).
Corrected
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:21 AM   #289
45commando
macrumors newbie

Hey guys.

Just received my note 2 through the post today. Only had a quick play but I am very impressed so far. The screen is immense! Found myself squinting at my tiny iPhone screen when I was erasing all the content on my iphone4!

Anyway, I'm still getting used to this OS as I've been IOS for many years. I'll keep Y'all up to date once I get more hands on.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:34 AM   #290
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45commando View Post
Hey guys.

Just received my note 2 through the post today. Only had a quick play but I am very impressed so far. The screen is immense! Found myself squinting at my tiny iPhone screen when I was erasing all the content on my iphone4!

Anyway, I'm still getting used to this OS as I've been IOS for many years. I'll keep Y'all up to date once I get more hands on.
Please do! And post pics and impressions. Next week I have to make a huge decision!
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:41 AM   #291
dvrmstrng
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Hey guys.

Please post some pics of it in hand. Im in the same boat, ios user since around 2008 and have never used android. I think ill be at the AT&T store tomorrow morning for a new toy.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:39 AM   #292
45commando
macrumors newbie

Here is a photo of my note 2 in comparison with my iphone and my hand!

First impressions on size. Size is not an issue for me. Holding the note in my right hand I can touch all of the keyboard with my thumb.
It is so quick compared to my iphone. Watching HD movies on this screen is immense, the quality is mind blowing!
I think anyone moving from IOS to android on the Note 2 will not be dissapointed. I now see why apple have some catching up to do, how ever I still love all my othet apple products (macbook, ipad2, apple tv)
Attached Images

45commando is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:42 AM   #293
robanga
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Here is a photo of my note 2 in comparison with my iphone and my hand!

First impressions on size. Size is not an issue for me. Holding the note in my right hand I can touch all of the keyboard with my thumb.
It is so quick compared to my iphone. Watching HD movies on this screen is immense, the quality is mind blowing!
I think anyone moving from IOS to android on the Note 2 will not be dissapointed. I now see why apple have some catching up to do, how ever I still love all my othet apple products (macbook, ipad2, apple tv)
Nice! Curious to what your plan is for syncing music and video. What app are you using to do that from your Macbook? Presumably you are syncing your mail and contacts through Google.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:04 PM   #294
45commando
macrumors newbie

To be honest ill probably sync this with my windows laptop as the Macbook is wifeys.
45commando is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:15 PM   #295
doomfront
macrumors member

So how is the phone fitting in your pockets?

I wear raw denim and the pockets aren't exactly large. Main thing I'm worried about is how comfortable it'll be in my pockets
doomfront is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:24 PM   #296
michaeljohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomfront View Post

I wear raw denim and the pockets aren't exactly large. Main thing I'm worried about is how comfortable it'll be in my pockets
It doesnt fit well. The top inch or so sticks out of a normal pocket and forget sitting down with it in your pocket unless you are in sweats. I take my phone out of my pocket whenever I sit down though.
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:29 PM   #297
OceanView
macrumors 6502a

You can use iSyncr to sync with itunes.
I prefer to download music directly to my SD card so that all of my collection is available. For podcasts, I use an app called Pocket Cast. It updates with new episodes of podcast which you then can download or stream directly on the phone (great App).

So there are no issues with iTunes syncing.

"good artists copy, great artists steal, and we have, you know, always been shameless about stealing great ideas". Steve Jobs - 1996 interview.
OceanView is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:31 PM   #298
45commando
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohn View Post
It doesnt fit well. The top inch or so sticks out of a normal pocket and forget sitting down with it in your pocket unless you are in sweats. I take my phone out of my pocket whenever I sit down though.
I disagree. It fits well in my jeans or north face jacket. I notice it less than my iphone due to it weighing less.
45commando is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:36 PM   #299
Zach23
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomfront View Post

I too wear raw denim. I'm about 1.5 years into my Naked and Famous (left hand twill) so they are pretty worn in. The note fits pretty well into my back pocket with only maybe a mm or two sticking out. I dont like front phone fades so I keep it in my back. Really enjoying it so far!
Zach23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:44 PM   #300
doomfront
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohn View Post
Me too.
Wondering how it is walking around though, I'm okay with it sticking out just don't want it to be uncomfortable.
doomfront is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices