Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:55 PM   #1
MacMiniBoy
macrumors newbie

Old podcasts lurking somewhere in iTunes

Hi all, hoping I can get some advice here.

I've recently been tidying up my iTunes music collection, specifically artwork for my albums. In order to give myself a list of stuff to work on, I created a smart playlist containing all songs that have no artwork.

The odd thing is, there's a bunch of podcasts showing up in that playlist. If I trying playing them I get the "original file cannot be found" error, so I know they don't exist on my HDD.

iTunes won't let you delete content from a playlist view, so I can't simply delete it.

If I try finding these podcast in iTunes, I can't find them anywhere. Not in music, and not under podcasts, so it's baffling me why they're showing up under my "No Artwork" playlist.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers.
MacMiniBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Popple
macrumors newbie

There's a hidden way to delete content from your library in a playlist. If you're on a Mac, highlight what you want to delete and hit option+backspace. I don't know how to do the same on a PC though. Hopefully this solves your problem. (Edit: see below)

EDIT: You may also try using one of Doug's iTunes Scripts to delete the tracks: http://dougscripts.com/212 here's a script to remove 'dead' tracks from your library. Or you could use the Mac App that he's made that removes dead tracks and much more ($1.99 in the MAS): http://dougscripts.com/apps/tracksiftapp.php

EDIT#2: Unfortunately, I don't think my first suggestion will work for smart playlists so you may have to look at the other options I suggested.

Last edited by Popple; Nov 8, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Popple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:13 AM   #3
MacMiniBoy
macrumors newbie

Done a bit of digging. Turns out I can just delete them from the playlist view using option + delete.
MacMiniBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store