Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage8.png
After weeks of teasers and hints, Rovio has finally released Angry Birds Star Wars. Don't expect anything revolutionary, however. The game is exactly what one would expect: Angry Birds, but with a Star Wars theme.

Our sister-site TouchArcade has a walkthrough video of some gameplay and some background about how the game actually works.
In fact it's drenched with Star Wars stuff. Every level, bird, and most of the game's mechanics, both old or new, are covered in a thick layer of Star Wars.

Red bird, for example, resembles Luke and has a secondary lightsaber attack that shears through hard surfaces and pigs. The blue bird is now a rebel pilot, able to fire spread shots from its pistol. Levels are set in classic Star Wars backdrops and every time the game introduces a "new" bird, you'll see a classic Star Wars scene starring the birds.
Angry Birds Star Wars is available on iPhone ($0.99), iPad ($2.99), and the Mac ($4.99).

Article Link: 'Angry Birds Star Wars' Arrives on iPhone, iPad and Mac

Joe-Diver

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2009
Woo Hoo! Angry Birds Star Wars! Like the Lego themed games...you just gotta laugh.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
The Force is strong with this one.

If you like Star Wars, and you like Angry Birds, you will like this game. If you don't, why are you even reading this?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i'm the worst in this game, my 10 year old cousin beats me everytime. i couldnt even finish level 3 of the original :eek:

hushypushy

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
San Jose, CA
I've kind of lost my faith in Star Wars after Lucas ruined the prequels and then sold everything to Disney...but I haven't lost my faith in Angry Birds! Keep on milking those birds Rovio, I'll keep buying!

Can't wait for the flood of comments about "should be a universal app!!" I'm sure every single person who is paying $0.99 because all they want is the iPod/Phone version would disagree with the notion of a more expensive universal app ;)

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I've kind of lost my faith in Star Wars after Lucas ruined the prequels and then sold everything to Disney...but I haven't lost my faith in Angry Birds! Keep on milking those birds Rovio, I'll keep buying!

Can't wait for the flood of comments about "should be a universal app!!" I'm sure every single person who is paying $0.99 because all they want is the iPod/Phone version would disagree with the notion of a more expensive universal app ;)

I just want iCloud save game. I dont mind paying for both versions but its frustrating playing the same levels over again.

tatonka

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2009
Instant download .. I haven't regretted buying any of Angry Birds games so far. I know it is hip to hate the game .. but I actually enjoy them.

EricByer

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2012
I've skipped all the Angry Birds except the original and Angry Birds Seasons. I'll probably give this one a try though. Looks fun enough.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I wish this developer would learn how to use iCloud to save game progress.

My friend and I were just having this discussion last night, shocking that Doodle Jump and Tiny Wings (small developers) have implemented iCloud sync for game progress but not Rovio, even though they promised more than a year ago that they would.

Iago

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2012
I bought angry birds space when it came out. there are still barely any levels.

Stick with original angry birds or rio or seasons...

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
Is it just me that finds that the difference in price between versions a piss take?

Not just this game, but basically every other multi platform game.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
I know it is hip to hate the game

I know, having fun is, well, so last season.

Screw those people, at the very least they can keep their opinions to themselves, but some people enjoy expressing them because it's a way to declare their superiority, I mean how is it possible someone could continue enjoying something a superior person stopped enjoying awhile ago, or never enjoyed at all? There must be something wrong with that person, obviously.

I downloaded and started playing it - it's a fun game, I hope they come up with more fun ways to keep the game going.

Last edited:

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
:D seriously, complaining that you won't get $3 bucks of fun out of this game?

First world problems, indeed.

:D typical HD games are always a few bucks more. Its ok really... its a fun game.

probably my favorite angry installment yet

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
This is, hands down, the BEST variety of Angry Birds yet!

----------

I bought angry birds space when it came out. there are still barely any levels.

Stick with original angry birds or rio or seasons...
We're talking about Angry Birds Star Wars, not AB Space. Please stay on topic. AB Star Wars has 80 levels to start plus bonus levels, and at least two more 40-level themes coming!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.