Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Clear for iPhone + Mac vs. SimpleNote + Notational Velocity

I've been using the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity combo for a long time. It's indispensable BUT the interface is as basic as you get which makes visual organizing nearly impossible. Tagging is the only real way to organize.

I see RealMac has now launched a version of it's Clear to-do app for the Mac which syncs with the iOS version via iCloud. It looks like it might be better at visual organization but at $9 for Mac + iOS version it is $9 better than the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity? I don't mind spending $9. I do mind wasting it.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:47 AM   #2
sk1wbw
macrumors 68020

Clear is a clear waste of money.
sk1wbw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:35 PM   #3
kgs
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
I've been using the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity combo for a long time. It's indispensable BUT the interface is as basic as you get which makes visual organizing nearly impossible. Tagging is the only real way to organize.

I see RealMac has now launched a version of it's Clear to-do app for the Mac which syncs with the iOS version via iCloud. It looks like it might be better at visual organization but at $9 for Mac + iOS version it is $9 better than the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity? I don't mind spending $9. I do mind wasting it.
I'd stick with Simplenote. I use Things for my todo related stuff, but Simplenote for notes and other stuff.

Different uses, but I don't think Clear is a good way to spend money.
kgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Thanks guys. $9 saved.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps