Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
The wealth of knowledge Steve accumulated since his return to Apple in 1996 to create the most valuable company on earth has affected everything from design/art, mathematics, technology/engineering, economics, philosophy/psychology, marketing. I believe the next generation has a lot to learn from him and it could be structured in a way to create the next generation of great leaders and thinkers, not just in same fields, but all facets of life.

Here's to Jobs University

Lets see it happen by 2020.

Note: I am not asking for a cult university here, just the best of Jobs thinking structured in a way that can benefit humanity. He was human, so he did have his flaws, but his talent overshadowed them.

Umm, even though some may take your post with a grain of salt - you are 100% onto something. People need to realize this man had values that made him tick the way he did, and he made a company out of it... he had an ideology of what a company should be, and he nailed it. He never looked back, he never was a poser, he set trends & created markets through hard work & vision, and he is someone who has a plethora of positive human traits. He wasn't just a pure-bred genius from birth, he was an amazing human being, and a lot of his smarts came from paying close attention to human beings & nature, or the surrounding environment he put himself in.

If not a University, there should be a course on 'Job's ideology of business'. Or a course on - 'Training your/one's Intuition by Steve Job's'.

A human's Intuition is far superior than his/her Intelligence... Steve fundamentally believed this, and now, so do I.

He has changed my life... not by the products he gave the world, but by the way he went out about thinking & doing things.

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
Is this the building that was discussed in the book where it was designed for people to bump into each other and have meetings?

MacGod

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
Awesome building

I have been there and it is an awesome campus. Truly a fitting name to be on that building!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
oh great.... :cool:

Just want the doctor ordered..

A building in name of Steve....

Does this mean it won't be called "pixar" anymore?

While it may look good, personally, its gong too far...

Whats next ? a car in the name of Steve ?

Steve Jobs money anyone ?

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Miss you Steve. Keynotes are really never the same. :(

Agreed. Tim Cook seems more comfortable on stage doing the keynotes than he did in the beginning (then again his first one for the iPhone 4S was right before Steve died), but not the same as when Steve would give it. I loved it when he would give the keynotes, show off the products, and then say "one more thing."

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Agreed. Tim Cook seems more comfortable on stage doing the keynotes than he did in the beginning (then again his first one for the iPhone 4S was right before Steve died), but not the same as when Steve would give it. I loved it when he would give the keynotes, show off the products, and then say "one more thing."

+1... So now, Tim cook says "one extra thing" ...

For some reason, Steve just *had it*

That line always got me, as a sort of "another bit of excitement"

TrentS

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
So Wrong.....

It's the way of Hollywood now. Why create when you can make a ton of money by recycling, and we encourage it by buying this stuff. It's easy money.

I hear they are going to remake the movie Ishtar, starring Gilbert Godfried and Bobcat Goldthwait.

:D :D :D :D

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
+1... So now, Tim cook says "one extra thing" ...

For some reason, Steve just *had it*

That line always got me, as a sort of "another bit of excitement"

I still remember his last "one more thing". The whole audience was so excited. "No, no, a small one." He smiled. That was iTunes match.

This man really had serious charisma.

----------

Agreed. It was great when he would share one more surprise.

One more thing. Your new iPad just became old ;) SURPRISE~!

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Cars 2 was a clear dud, but Brave was awesome. My perspective may be colored by the fact that two of my three young children are daughters, but as far as they are concerned it's just about the best movie ever made. (Which for kids is the gold standard, and was met by most previous Pixar films.) I suspect a lot of folks just still aren't ready to have a female protagonist carry the story. Look at the disappointing box office of Salt, which was made from a great script and had a bankable star in Jolie. Old ingrained notions die hard.

Now with John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, et al. doing work under the Disney Animation banner as well, we should see high quality output across the board. I enjoyed every minute of Wreck-It Ralph and my kids are all anxious to see it this weekend.

It's not about the female protagonist of course, it was the weak scenario for grown-ups. Nothing really interesting, mostly family issues. No real suspense, no real action.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Cars 2 was a clear dud, but Brave was awesome. My perspective may be colored by the fact that two of my three young children are daughters, but as far as they are concerned it's just about the best movie ever made. (Which for kids is the gold standard, and was met by most previous Pixar films.) I suspect a lot of folks just still aren't ready to have a female protagonist carry the story. Look at the disappointing box office of Salt, which was made from a great script and had a bankable star in Jolie. Old ingrained notions die hard.

Salt was garbage with a terrible actor (in my opinion). But brave was great actually. Just like Up was. Both have non traditional type main characters. Woman and old man.

Pixar have always had non traditional main character types. A car, a rat, a fish, an ant etc etc. So having unusual main characters is something Pixar does well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.