Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has just posted new downloads of iOS 6.0.1 for the forthcoming cellular-capable models of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad. The downloads, which arrive as Build 10A8426, signal that Apple is preparing to launch the devices, which are scheduled for a "Mid-November" debut in the United States. We've seen signs that Apple will be delivering pre-orders of these devices as soon as Friday, November 16.

ipad_mini_cellular.jpg

The new downloads include:

iPad mini
- iPad2,6
- iPad2,7

Fourth-generation iPad
- iPad3,5
- iPad3,6

Apple posted downloads of iOS 6.0 for the Wi-Fi models of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad three days before they launched on November 2.

Article Link: Apple Posts iOS 6.0.1 Downloads for Cellular-Capable iPad Mini and Fourth-Generation iPad

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
So this isn't for regular, non-cellular iPad Mini's? Why not? What features will those users be missing out on?

icurnvs

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
So this isn't for regular, non-cellular iPad Mini's? Why not? What features will those users be missing out on?

FTA: Apple posted downloads of iOS 6.0 for the Wi-Fi models of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad three days before they launched on November 2.

Looks like the Wi-Fi model already received this update...

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
As soon as Nov 16? I thought they were already out. I already got a chance to play with a demo unit in my campus tech store. Absolutely loved the design, and if it had retina then I'm sure I would've bought one.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
As soon as Nov 16? I thought they were already out. I already got a chance to play with a demo unit in my campus tech store. Absolutely loved the design, and if it had retina then I'm sure I would've bought one.

You only have to wait less than a year, don't worry.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003

The WiFi-only models are out now.

The Cellular-enabled models aren't yet available.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
The iPad mini should also be able to have phone service if it's going to possibly replace car systems.

mrhaoji

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
iPad mini
- iPad2,6 for GSM
- iPad2,7 for CDMA

Fourth-generation iPad
- iPad3,5 for GSM
- iPad3,6 for CDMA

am i right?

waldobushman

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Notice of shipping date

I've just received notice that my iPad 4 AT&T cellular 64gb will ship in 5 days, with estimated delivery of nov 23. This is in line with their estimate at time of order of Nov 26.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I've just received notice that my iPad 4 AT&T cellular 64gb will ship in 5 days, with estimated delivery of nov 23. This is in line with their estimate at time of order of Nov 26.

I received the same notice! Mine was supposed to be delivered on the 26th, now it's bumped up to the 23rd. Black 32 GB AT&T for me.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Why is the forth gen iPad still using the 3,x identifier? They didn't make it 4,x? Just curious if anyone knows.:confused:

Ofcourseimnaked

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
release date for lte ipad mini

apple employees are disclosing that next friday november 16 they will be selling iPad mini's with LTE data connections. i verified this today at my local apple store

stickyfingers85

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Maybe i'm crazy but whats the point in an article that states downloads have been posted without actually explaining where they have been posted?

ryuzakii

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
wait, why are the firmware files there?
what would be the purpose of downloading them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.