Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulTokyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
I know it's not exactly an IOS6 issue but I hope this is the best place to find a solution.
Basically on my personal website I can access the directories and some php files I made to do certain security related things and all is fine using 3G. As soon as I use LTE i get the 403 forbidden error. This is only recently as well as I could access on LTE maybe 2 weeks ago.

Has anybody had a similar issue?

The front end is a wordpress site so I'm not sure if ot's related to rewrite rules or somethiong else.

Thanks
Paul

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
A couple of years ago I had a similar issue here and the fix was to change the APN from "internet" (goes through a transparent proxy) to "direct" (uh, direct). This is something specific to Telecom NZ and I don't know whether your operator (SoftBank?) would have something similar; you may need to do some research and see whether there's a "direct access" APN that you can use.

Of course, I could be going down the completely wrong track here :)

PaulTokyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
A couple of years ago I had a similar issue here and the fix was to change the APN from "internet" (goes through a transparent proxy) to "direct" (uh, direct). This is something specific to Telecom NZ and I don't know whether your operator (SoftBank?) would have something similar; you may need to do some research and see whether there's a "direct access" APN that you can use.

Of course, I could be going down the completely wrong track here :)

Cool thanks. Actually from memory it happened right after the 6.0.1 update. Ill check the settings, not sure they exist though.

----------

what else is strange is that I can use LTE and VPN into say London or Miami and then I don't get the error. hmmm....

using LTE i couldn't get to the softbank sbwifi.jp site to install the profile thing. On 3G it was ok. the plot thickens

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Cool thanks. Actually from memory it happened right after the 6.0.1 update. Ill check the settings, not sure they exist though.

----------

what else is strange is that I can use LTE and VPN into say London or Miami and then I don't get the error. hmmm....

using LTE i couldn't get to the softbank sbwifi.jp site to install the profile thing. On 3G it was ok. the plot thickens

Is it an Apache server? If so check the mod_sec rules on the server. It could also be "deny" rules in the Apache config or your .htaccess file.

Check the Apache error_log and it should tell you the reason.

If you don't have access to these things (shared hosting) have your host do it for you.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Ill check the settings, not sure they exist though.

Settings > General > Network > Mobile Data Network (I'm running 5.1.1 but I don't think that they've moved in 6).

I can't get to there either (although it may not be accessible outside Japan).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.