Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:58 AM   #1
ppark
macrumors newbie

Back Cover or Skin?

Hello everybody, I used the search function and saw that a lot of people are fans of the Zum, Smart Feather, or a similar back shell + smart cover combination for a compact combo.

Something from Otterbox, Lifeproof, or Gumdrop seem to be advised to protect from drops and physical damage.

I do not think I need a shell as intense as the Otterbox for my lifestyle, I will most likely be picking up a leather smart cover really soon. My question is whether a back shell does anything more than just protect from scratches. I only wonder because the plastic on the shells seem so thin that I'd still be wary of having it dropped accidentally from a foot or more off the ground.

Edit: Oops, I thought I had posted this in the Accessories sub-forum. My apologies, please feel free to re-locate to proper area of discussion.

Last edited by ppark; Nov 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
ppark is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad