Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Sorry to bother you with my nonsense again but I tried subler again last night. When I have a file sitting in the queue (MKV) I press start and it is "done" in a millisecond. the output file says .mp4 but the file size is 456Kb which obviously isn't right.

Where am I going wrong? :(

Can you post the video online so that I can check it too? If it's too big, just slice out a short segment of it (let me know if you need help with it), and, after checking out it can't be processed by Subler, making it online?

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
I guess you could mark them all as the same season and just adjust the episode number. That could lead to a lot of scrolling when you want to watch an episode from season 5 though :(

iTunes 11 fixes this.

The iflicks site says it is automator friendly so is there an Automator script that allows you to watch a folder and automatically import all of the video files and convert them. Once that is done it would empty the trash bin.

denzaltrueman

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
I had an MKV file that came in at 8.88GB, and I funneled it to apple itunes in the appletv3 choice. The producing computer file is 3.52GB. This seems like a large pressure without dropping excellent.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
I had an MKV file that came in at 8.88GB, and I funneled it to apple itunes in the appletv3 choice. The producing computer file is 3.52GB. This seems like a large pressure without dropping excellent.

It seems like Iceandlime had a very similar response. Mic J has the answer.

I had an MKV file that came in at 8.88GB, and I transfered it to itunes in the appletv3 option. The resulting file is 3.52GB. This seems like a huge compression without losing quality.

Is doing this going to have any negative quality issues?

File size alone is not an indicator of quality. If you use a more efficient encoder, you can maintain quality within a smaller file. Your eyes/ears will make the final determination.

Thanks. I did try and compare them and couldn't find any really hugely obvious differences, I was just more curious as to how with such a huge difference in size it could retain quality. Glad that it does though! Should save me some space!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.