Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRamirez181

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I have a 2g ipod touch and the headphone jack is broken. I can either get it fixed for 50 bucks or go for a 300 buck 5g. What I want to know is if there is an increase in audio quality between he generations. I use a pair of Sl 99s by Ludacris (100 buck headphones) if that helps at all.

MRamirez181

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I actually upgraded from skullcandy titans to my current headphones about a year ago. I felt like the build quality, mids , highs, and the cable were all an improvement over my skullcandys. Went through a pair of titans within a couple of months when the cable stared to come loose from the audio jack part. I personally like the SL99 better, but that's just my opinion.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
dude, if you are looking into sound quality then Ipod touch is not a good choice. It is used mainly for games and video, that why the screen is so good. For music, its not worth $299. Go spend $79 on Walkman e series better.

jon3543

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
dude, if you are looking into sound quality then Ipod touch is not a good choice. It is used mainly for games and video, that why the screen is so good. For music, its not worth $299. Go spend $79 on Walkman e series better.

And there he goes again. :rolleyes:

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
And there he goes again. :rolleyes:

Nice use of Ronald Reagan's catch phrase.

But I think Raccoonboy has a point there. The sound quality of iPod touch hasn't improved much over the generations IMO. All the other features were improved except the most cardinal one of a music player -sound quality.

jon3543

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
Yep, Racoonboy has a definite opinion and is very vocal about it :D .

I had no idea he's expressed an opinion on audio.

----------

The sound quality of iPod touch hasn't improved much over the generations IMO. All the other features were improved except the most cardinal one of a music player -sound quality.

What exactly is wrong with the audio? ISTR reading it measures better than most CD players.

jon3543

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
He doesn't like the new Touch in general (check his other post). To each their own opinion :D.

People hate what they don't understand, I guess. He thinks the iPad Mini is a real competitor for the Touch, even after it's been pointed out that people who want a Touch are not interested in a huge tablet, appreciate the cheaper-per-GB price, etc, and that's what I was referring to. His opinions I've seen all seem to share a common attribute... :D

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
People hate what they don't understand, I guess. He thinks the iPad Mini is a real competitor for the Touch, even after it's been pointed out that people who want a Touch are not interested in a huge tablet, appreciate the cheaper-per-GB price, etc, and that's what I was referring to. His opinions I've seen all seem to share a common attribute... :D

Most (if not all) of his complaints stem from what Apple is charging for their products. He may have some valid complaints but it is sometimes perceived as a "Sour Apples" response (i.e. since he can not or will not get one due to the price, it must be a bad product).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.