Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Check the picture...

It says we can change our apple ID's to our new icloud emails....

HOWEVER, There is a catch... It's not working... :( I click submit, save, etc. Nothing changes... I did get an email tho to my icloud about verifying it.

Attachments

• appleidpage.jpg
    appleidpage.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 431

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Although, maybe this is just the primary email... but the box says apple ID. I don't want my GMAIL account there anymore!

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I'm not even getting that box when I go into my Apple ID management.

This is such a slow roll out.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
Check the picture...

It says we can change our apple ID's to our new icloud emails....

HOWEVER, There is a catch... It's not working... :( I click submit, save, etc. Nothing changes... I did get an email tho to my icloud about verifying it.

I've had this option for quite some time. I have johndoe as my AppleID and johndoe@mac.com as my MobileMe ID. It's given me the option to merge them, but when I click it nothing happens.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Still no joy for me here either.... really annoying me now have my old non existent hotmail email address as my apple ID but my @icloud.com as my primary email address..... just let us change it already.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
I'm not even getting that box when I go into my Apple ID management.

This is such a slow roll out.

Try editing ur apple ID to your icloud then hit save and it should show the box, that's what I had to do

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Try editing ur apple ID to your icloud then hit save and it should show the box, that's what I had to do

That's the problem. There is no edit link next to my Apple ID. It's permanently stuck on my @me.com address.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
That's the problem. There is no edit link next to my Apple ID. It's permanently stuck on my @me.com address.

Ah right, I think what apple are trying to do is get everyone to have an apple domained email address as there apple ID whether its @mac @me or @icloud so i think for the time being you may just be stuck with your primary email/apple id as your @me.com email address (unless something changes once the roll out has completed).

James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.