Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:20 AM   #1
sebberdreng
macrumors newbie

BootCamp, no Keyboard/Trackpad Tab

Hello
I have recently installed BootCamp on my mac, I installed Windows7 with the build in Boot Camp Asisstant. When I got into windows, i installed the drivers with the Mac Snow Leopard disk. And it seemed to go just fine. But now if I try to acces the Control Panel on Windows, I cannot see the Keyboard or Trackpad Tab. Internet does not work, so it doesen't seem like the drivers worked at all. Can you please help me resolve this? Thanks in advance.
From Sebastian
sebberdreng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:49 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

The Snow Leopard disc you are using, retail version or gray disc? If your Mac shipped with 10.6, you should use the gray disc not the retail version to install the drivers. If you did use the right disc, try downloading the Boot Camp updates from Apple's site: 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3. Note that 3.1 and 3.2 have different downloads depending on whether you have the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows installed.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 AM   #3
AnonMac50
macrumors 65816

What model is your Mac?
AnonMac50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Sesshy
macrumors newbie

I imagine that, at any rate, the drivers on the Snow Leopard disc are pretty outdated. Is there no option for you under Boot Camp Assistant to download the latest support drivers to wherever? If you direct those to a flash drive and then run the executable under Windows, they should work properly.
Sesshy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac