Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
I disagree. It fits well in my jeans or north face jacket. I notice it less than my iphone due to it weighing less.

I am a big guy and it sticks out of my pocket. Which iPhone? Surely not the 5. I have to tap my pockets at times just to be sure I have it.

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I too wear raw denim. I'm about 1.5 years into my Naked and Famous (left hand twill) so they are pretty worn in. The note fits pretty well into my back pocket with only maybe a mm or two sticking out. I dont like front phone fades so I keep it in my back. Really enjoying it so far!

We have the same denim lol. I feel like it'll fit fine in N&F, worried about APC since they're not as broken in.

Dvoraak

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Looks like it was a Verizon and AT&T thing unless they decided to change it.

Should have nothing to do with the carrier. When dropbox is opened for the first time it leads you to the site where you claim your 50 gig plan. My Note 10.1 came with it too.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Do u guys think that this phone will outsell iphone5?

Doubtful no one single phone on the Samsung side has outsold the iPhone except when the iPhone is about to be refreshed like the 4S was last quarter. Overall i doubt it anytime soon.

I suspect at some point in the future if they stand a chance it will not be on a "phablet" sized phone but something closer to their Galaxy S3 sized.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Do u guys think that this phone will outsell iphone5?

No. For a couple of reasons. First and foremost, the Galaxy Note II has a lot of competition from other very, very good Android phones. Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One X, Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy S III, etc

Second, women are less enthused about huge phones. That is ~50% of the customer base right there.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
No. For a couple of reasons. First and foremost, the Galaxy Note II has a lot of competition from other very, very good Android phones. Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One X, Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy S III, etc

Second, women are less enthused about huge phones. That is ~50% of the customer base right there.

I've actually been reading that women don't have a problem with the size of the note and note 2 because they can just drop it in their purse.

dvrmstrng

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2006
Just got my Note II....oh my lawd. Any questions feel free to ask...

Interesting things. I was given a new sim instead of using my the sim card from my iphone 4 (AT&T).
Not earbuds in the box.

Gangnam Style

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012

Interesting things. I was given a new sim instead of using my the sim card from my iphone 4 (AT&T).
Not earbuds in the box.

Yes, cause the Note II has LTE.
Where did you buy the phone from?

smellysox8

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2012

Not earbuds in the box.

You need a LTE compatible sim card. That's why you got a new one.

dvrmstrng

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2006
Yes, cause the Note II has LTE.
Where did you buy the phone from?

My local AT&T store (Delaware)

ur AT&T store have plenty of stock?

Yes. Didn't even have a display model out yet. Said I was the only person to buy one so far today.

You need a LTE compatible sim card. That's why you got a new one.

Got it thanks.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial of how to get most of the things off my iphone onto the new Note. I am following one re: my gmail but its not working.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
My local AT&T store (Delaware)

Yes. Didn't even have a display model out yet. Said I was the only person to buy one so far today.

Got it thanks.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial of how to get most of the things off my iphone onto the new Note. I am following one re: my gmail but its not working.
that's good to hear man. any pics to share? how are you liking it so far?

dvrmstrng

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2006
that's good to hear man. any pics to share? how are you liking it so far?

Ill try to snap some. I got the invishield screen protector on there now, gives the screen a nice matte finish and reduces finger prints.

I am having a near IMPOSSIBLE time getting the contacts from my iphone to go into my gmail contacts though.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Ill try to snap some. I got the invishield screen protector on there now, gives the screen a nice matte finish and reduces finger prints.

I am having a near IMPOSSIBLE time getting the contacts from my iphone to go into my gmail contacts though.

Yeah I had the same problem, Apples annoying closed system. Download a free app called MCBackup, it backs up all your contacts and emails them wherever you want, then go into your email on your Note and you can upload all the contacts with one click.

----------

I'm loving this phone so far except one thing, wanted to see if anyone else noticed it too. The earpiece seems to need to be "aimed", if it's not aimed just right you can't hear much out of it, kind of a contrast to my iphone where I can just put it somewhere close to my ear and not worry about it. Kind of reminds me of the old windows mobile phones which did the same thing.

Anyone else, or maybe I got a bad phone?

45commando

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Just to add, my phone has been in constant use for 13 hours now and has 60% battery remaining. Ive mostly been using wifi, video player, music player, camera and general web browsing. Immense

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
]I'm loving this phone so far except one thing, wanted to see if anyone else noticed it too. The earpiece seems to need to be "aimed", if it's not aimed just right you can't hear much out of it, kind of a contrast to my iphone where I can just put it somewhere close to my ear and not worry about it. Kind of reminds me of the old windows mobile phones which did the same thing.

AT&T users don't even get headphones. :(

Waiting for mine. It's currently out for delivery.. has anyone ever had deja deja deja vu? :p

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005

do you save the contacts on your phone or in icloud? If in iCloud you can delete iCloud from your phone and then keep the contacts on your phone. When you sign in with Google it will give you option to merge contacts...then will load them into gmail for you.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010

Login to iCloud, select all of your contacts, export them as VCFs and then import them all into your Google account. May have to clean up things here and there, but it should be pretty seamless.

dvrmstrng

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2006
do you save the contacts on your phone or in icloud? If in iCloud you can delete iCloud from your phone and then keep the contacts on your phone. When you sign in with Google it will give you option to merge contacts...then will load them into gmail for you.

Login to iCloud, select all of your contacts, export them as VCFs and then import them all into your Google account. May have to clean up things here and there, but it should be pretty seamless.

Managed to get contacts on to Note. But now cant sync those into google contacts. Any thoughts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.