Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Going to say December 4th...have no idea why just thought I would throw it out there.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I just hope they get their whole loose USB fixed. How hard can it be!

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I am getting the impression that there is nothing planned. I mean they can't even give us a hint as to when this thing will be released, or what it looks like. Every other case maker gave a few anticipatory designs. This is frustrating. All they say anytime someone contacts them is " We are working on it, Mophie loves you!" Cmon Man!!!!

jsawicz

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
I wonder how they're going to deal with the headphone jack.
The part of the case that connects it to the phone and covers the bottom of the phone has always been a much wider part of the case than the rest of the case's border.
And the iPhone 5's headphone jack is also located at the bottom of the phone along with the lightning port.

With this part of the phone completely covered by the case, how will it be possible to access the headphone jack with the case on?

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2012
The part of the case that connects it to the phone and covers the bottom of the phone has always been a much wider part of the case than the rest of the case's border.
And the iPhone 5's headphone jack is also located at the bottom of the phone along with the lightning port.

With this part of the phone completely covered by the case, how will it be possible to access the headphone jack with the case on?

Good point, looks like they'll have to build an extension or cut out the corner?

Hope it lines up good!!

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010

If it is anything like their iTouch ones, they built a pass through jack in those and relocated a new jack to the bottom of the case itself.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I've been watching for these as well. My guess is it's the lightening adapter that is taking so much time, but we are starting to see some speaker docks and other 3rd party accessories at least announced, hopefully Mophie comes to the plate with their offering soon!

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
I'm a Mophie fan, after I spend $$$ on DRACOdesign, SPECK, BELKIN:mad:...I do want to have a Mophie on my new iPhone 5. I hope they will have multi colored cases to choose from and not be stuck like Element Case with one color at the beginning :cool:

If we don't have it before Christmas...that is becouse some how down the production line...was an error:eek:

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I don't know what to think anymore. Almost every company will tell its customers a few specifics like, just finishing up the details, and few weeks, anything. I have seen Twig, Rokform, Element Case, etc do this. I have continued to follow the Facebook page and people are getting downright violent. While we must remain peaceful, a simple view into the future would be appreciated.

Jay A whY

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
I used a Mophie on my 4 & 4S, great product.. Got tired of waiting on the coming soon promise. So I found something a little better, looks very promising! .. (http://www.iExpander.com) I placed my pre-order yesterday! Release date some time 1st quarter 2013, now this battery case is worth waiting for, at least for me it is...

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I hope so too...I have tried to keep my iphone sans case and it is difficult. I really hope it is strictly lightning and no more micro-usb. That would be sweet.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I tweeted Mophie back as soon as they mentioned the giveaway on twitter, asking if that indicated that the iPhone 5 cases would be available on 1/15. They responded noting that they could not promise but that their fingers were crossed. So it looks like we're getting close. I'm excited, I was really hoping these would be out by Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.