Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:59 AM   #1
OsloBergen
macrumors member

Need help finding solution for M4V audio conversion and extraction

I converted all of my BD's to play on my aTV 3 with AC3 audio tracks. I recently started re-converting for my aTV 3 and iPad 3.

I'm converting the multi-channel audio to AAC stereo and AC3 6-channel. Any stereo or mono tracks like commentaries or original audio are keeping their original mix just being converted to AAC.

I've spent the last week ripping and converting everything again, naturally, this is taking a long time. All I want is new audio tracks as everything else can stay the same, so I've been looking for a solution to handle converting and extracting audio tracks.

I tried MP4Tools last night, but it won't allow me to open any .m4v files. I thought MP4Tools was the MP4 editor and MKVTools was the MKV editor, did I misunderstand something?

Any suggestions?

Last edited by OsloBergen; Nov 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Changed title so the intent of my post was more clear
OsloBergen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater