|Mar 15, 2007, 01:38 PM||#1|
Highlighting text in Pages?
I'm in the middle of revision for exams and I'd like to be able to highlight certain portions of text in pages documents. Bold won't do, nor underline (they already have purposes). Can I highlight in Pages (say set a yellow text backgrond as I don't want to do print runs on my notes until I have to (and have reduced them down as much as possible).
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
|Mar 4, 2008, 09:36 AM||#2|
Mac iWork Pages Highlighting text
Please see above link, but in short, you choose the text that you wish to highlight and then click on the small "a" icon in the tool bar (next to the text colour icon). Then select the colour that you wish to use to highlight. You can use multiple colours within the document.
|Jul 9, 2009, 11:22 PM||#3|
HOW TO HIGHLIGHT TEXT IN PAGES (iWork)
1. SELECT/highlight Text within document to be highlighted
2. CLICK ON "INSPECTOR"
3. CLICK "T" (TEXT BUTTON) LOCATED AT THE TOP OF THE INSPECTOR
4. Within the Text Inspector, you should see four buttons at the top: Text, Lists, Tabs, MORE. Click on the "More" Button.
5. Midway down, you should see a Section for "Background Fills".
6. Check the box next to "Character" and then select the color in the color palette box to the right of the Character Checkbox.
This should higlight any text that was previously selected in the document.
|Jul 16, 2009, 11:37 AM||#4|
I'm so glad I checked this again, and found this solution. I looked a few times over the last year.
Good job, thanks.
I'm back in the highlighting world.
You may find this helpful as a different effect:
|Feb 24, 2010, 12:52 PM||#5|
You can also define highlighted text as a "character style" .
1) Select some text in your document
2) Click on the "a" with the red cross behind in in your font toolbar and choose the color you'd like to use as highlighted text for your document (yellow for me)
3) go to View>Show Styles Drawer
4) select the highlighted text once again
5) under "character style" to the right of "none" there should be an arrow. click that and select "create new character style from selection"
now whenever you want to highlight text, just select the text and click on the new character style you've created
you can also add a hotkey to your new character style by selecting it in the styles drawer, click on the arrow and under "hot keys" choosing the desired key
|Mar 3, 2011, 08:38 AM||#6|
|Nov 17, 2011, 04:44 PM||#7|
iPhone 5 Black & Slate 16GB --- Mid 2011 MBA 13" i5 256GB SSD --- iPhone 4 (Touch) 32GB --- 3G iPad1 32GB --- 1g iPod Touch 16GB --- iPod Video 30GB (02') --- R.I.P Macbook Pro C2D 2.16 3GB RAM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Highlighting Text in Mail||JSC||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||6||Apr 7, 2014 07:07 PM|
|Does TextEdit allow highlighting of selected text?||kkm9||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||4||Sep 14, 2013 09:40 AM|
|two finger right click keeps highlighting text||thatsmega.net||MacBook Pro||0||Dec 7, 2012 05:11 PM|
|Strange Text Instead of Safari Pages||peterj1967||iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||1||Sep 6, 2012 10:13 AM|
|Pages + Hidden Text||saberahul||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||1||Jun 10, 2012 10:53 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.