Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:32 PM   #1801
Raejin
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanGahagan View Post
So I ordered my Black Iphone5 32GB from Verizon on Nov.5th, and I received an email telling me that the order was processed on the 6th, with a shipping date of the 16th.
Do you guys think it will ship faster than that?
Im in dire need of a new phone...
Same here. Ha, but all I can do is wait and put up with my shi-tty aged Android phone.
Raejin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:58 PM   #1802
RMUSA
macrumors newbie

Still waiting...

Placed an order on Apple store online on Oct. 22 for a 16 GB Black ATT iphone. Still processing. Was hoping things would move a little faster, as the demand worked its way through the system.

Should have gone with AT&T!
RMUSA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1803
RMUSA
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanGahagan View Post
So I ordered my Black Iphone5 32GB from Verizon on Nov.5th, and I received an email telling me that the order was processed on the 6th, with a shipping date of the 16th.
Do you guys think it will ship faster than that?
Im in dire need of a new phone...
You're telling me! My current iPhone's home button stopped working ENTIRELY (try getting to your apps with that!); it randomly shuts off if I move it a funny way; and I have to fight with it for 20 minutes at a time to get it to take a charge.

My phone cannot get here fast enough.
RMUSA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:00 PM   #1804
mrfoof82
macrumors 6502a

Ordered white 32GB AT&T from Apple on October 18th.

Still processing.
mrfoof82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:27 AM   #1805
D A
macrumors regular

Looks like mine will be shipping today, and I'll have it on monday. Been a long way since September 21st.
D A is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:18 AM   #1806
espressoroast
macrumors member

So a question, I got a delivery date of "08 Nov, 2012 - 14 Nov, 2012" and my 5 is still processing.
Does Apple ever exceed those delivery dates?
What is the latest date they might ship to be delivered on the 14th?

(In short, ship my phone already Apple!)
espressoroast is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:07 AM   #1807
randomdata
macrumors newbie

I ordered a white 16GB on Oct 15- at the time said 3-4 weeks shipping
so delivery by Nov 14-20. Well still processing...
I guess I should have ordered thru ATT- it seems those orders are moving faster or just that it is the white phone. I don't know.

Anyway hoping if I actually post something the status will change. Ha
randomdata is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1808
Brown Trout
macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

On p297 my black 32G with an ATT WS order date of 3 November was in processing on 6 November. It's out for delivery on FedEx today!!

Edit: the order originally had shipping in 7-14 biz days so this is super fast.

Last edited by Brown Trout; Nov 9, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
Brown Trout is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:07 PM   #1809
FallenKing
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 Shipping Dates

the i5 shipping dates have dramatically been reduced, i ordered from AT&T on Nov. 6th. Shipped on Nov. 9th. ive got tracking number but no scheduled delivery date yet. im guessing it should arrive on either 11/12 or 11/13

Shipping dates have been reduced to about a weeks time with At&t

iPhone 5 black (16GB)
AT&T
order date: 11/6
received tracking number: 11/9
FallenKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1810
mechanicalrey
macrumors newbie

This wait has been excruciating

I ordered my Verizon white 16g i5 on Oct 31, after two previous orders were unable to be processed. Had an expected delivery date of 11/16

It should arrive tomorrow

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

C.A.N.T W.A.I.T T.O T.R.A.S.H M.Y. E.V.O "4.G."
mechanicalrey is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:00 PM   #1811
IanGahagan
macrumors member

For all you Verizon customers out there, how soon after being charged did you receive an email with a tracking number? I was charged 24 hours ago but I am still being told it will ship by the 16th.

"Well, I guess there is dumb people out there that has serious complains." -Shawntala
IanGahagan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:48 PM   #1812
Raejin
macrumors member

Ordered Nov 5, shipped nov 9! woooooot
Raejin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:49 AM   #1813
jspence444
macrumors newbie

Thought I'd add my bit.

Store: Apple Store Online
Model: iPhone 5, Black, 32GB, GSM*
Date Ordered: Nov. 7
Delivery Date: Dec 11 - 17

*There's only 1 model in Canada and it's basically the AT&T model cause our networks (Bell/Virgin, Rogers/Fido, Telus/Koodo) run on the same frequencies.

I'm really angry that Apple isn't selling the unlocked iPhone 5 in Apple Stores.
jspence444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:04 AM   #1814
macrem
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspence444 View Post
I'm really angry that Apple isn't selling the unlocked iPhone 5 in Apple Stores.
It looks like they've intentionally created an artificial shortage of simlock/contract free iPhones in order to sell more "subsidized" contract phones.

Let's call the contract what it is: a backdoor loan where the interest is higher usage rates. But many people seem to believe they're getting a deal on "subsidized" phones when in fact they are their own subsidizers. The provider is making a premium on contracts, otherwise there would more likely be a shortage of contract phones.

Last edited by macrem; Nov 10, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
macrem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:19 AM   #1815
espressoroast
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrem View Post
It looks like they've intentionally created an artificial shortage of simlock/contract free iPhones in order to sell more "subsidized" contract phones.

Let's call the contract what it is: a backdoor loan where the interest is higher usage rates. But many people seem to believe they're getting a deal on "subsidized" phones when in fact they are their own subsidizers. The provider is making a premium on contracts, otherwise there would more likely be a shortage of contract phones.
Given all indications, that seems to be the case, which is supremely frustrating. Apart from the fact that this lets them move their inventory faster, I don't understand what Apple gains from this. I guess I answered my own question there...

Regardless, I will hang on to my '08 T-Mobile contract which is cheaper and has slower, but unlimited, data.

Finally "preparing for shipment" by the way.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:01 AM   #1816
AppleFagBoy
macrumors newbie

Two separate orders of 16 gig iPhones (black and White) ordered Oct 17th from apple.com still shows processing.

AppleFagBoy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:12 AM   #1817
macrem
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by espressoroast View Post
Given all indications, that seems to be the case, which is supremely frustrating. Apart from the fact that this lets them move their inventory faster, I don't understand what Apple gains from this. I guess I answered my own question there...

Regardless, I will hang on to my '08 T-Mobile contract which is cheaper and has slower, but unlimited, data.
IMO Apple should think not only about the negative impression, additionally consumers may walk into their local electronics store with the intention of buying a simlock free iPhone 5 & instead walk out with a simlock free Android phone. Also if these consumers were persuaded to go to the store after seeing an Apple iPhone 5 ad, Apple essentially invested in advertising to sell Android phones.

In the long run, such a single sale loss is probably eclipsed by losing a long term customer in the ecosystem likely to make app/iTunes store purchases, accessory purchases & future hardware purchases.

I almost went the Android route after trying so many times to get an iPhone 5, but the iPhone 5 made me drool too much. It is such a beautifully crafted piece of hardware ;-)

Quote:
Finally "preparing for shipment" by the way.
Congrats! You'll start to see regular progress until it lands on your doorstep! ;-)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:08 PM   #1818
jspence444
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrem View Post

I know. And I resent Apple for it.

Couldn't agree with you more about phone subsidization & contracts. It's funny how so few people can't understand that concept. Unlocked & contract-free is the way to go. Since 2007, Canadian law lets us switch providers - and keep the same number. Which is great for competition! I'm with Virgin Mobile (subsidiary of Bell), but if any of the other companies offer a better plan or better service, I can easily switch from one month to the next - just by getting a new SIM card. As more and more people realize this, it will put so much power back into the hands of the consumer, and force the carriers to compete with their internet speed & quality of service! And in order for them to do that, they will have to invest more money in their networks. The consumer wins!
jspence444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:15 PM   #1819
NasserAE
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFagBoy View Post
Two separate orders of 16 gig iPhones (black and White) ordered Oct 17th from apple.com still shows processing.

I ordered two Verizon iPhone 5 from Apple.com on Oct 16th. I am porting from AT&T (family plan). One shipped last night. I got a call this morning from Apple saying Verizon cancelled one of them because of multiple orders! WTF! I asked why it took them four weeks to let me know and didn't get an answer! This sucks.

The cancelled one still shows as processing. I am waiting for it to show as cancelled so I can call Verizon and order one from them. I already called Verizon and they said it will take 5 business days to ship and 2 days to deliver.
NasserAE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:29 PM   #1820
espressoroast
macrumors member

Shipped! Although my tracking number is not working (yet).

By the way, I managed to get a reservation at the Amsterdam Store for my wife.
I think I 'accidentally' clicked the contract option while reserving, proving our theory that they are not selling to simlock-free buyers.

I am planning to go and proceed to cry and beg for them to sell me my reserved phone contract-free anyway but I have little hope.

I will report my experience.
espressoroast is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1821
rnbgrilla
macrumors member

My Status Ugh Feels Like For Ever......

Store: Apple Store Online
Model: iPhone 5, White, 64GB, CDMA
Date Ordered: Nov. 2 (3-4weeks) edit 11/12/12 now (2-3weeks)
Delivery Date: Dec 5 - 11 edit New Date --> (Dec 3 - 7)

So I Have a question, For The People Who Order Online Apple Store. How Many Days Was It From The Day You First Put In Your Order Did They Send You A Email Saying Prepping Your Item To Ship.

I'm going on 9 days & it still says processing. I know it says 3 - 4 weeks till they ship.... But when I order a iPod touch, they shipped it early, I got it a week early. So there's hope, only because I'm phone less coping with my iPod touch 5th gen till then.

Last edited by rnbgrilla; Nov 13, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
rnbgrilla is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:51 AM   #1822
espressoroast
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbgrilla View Post
My Status Ugh Feels Like For Ever......

So I Have a question, For The People Who Order Online Apple Store. How Many Days Was It From The Day You First Put In Your Order Did They Send You A Email Saying Prepping Your Item To Ship.
Mine changes status only a day before actually shipping. I stared at that "processing" screen for 4 weeks.

On a different note: I managed to get one through online reservation this morning from the Amsterdam store. The reservation screen has up pop-up asking for simlock-free or contract, I chose contract and received a reservation notice. Showed up at the store this morning, I was asked "simlock-free?", said "yes." and bought the phone. Super-nice store employee, as usual.
Maybe I was lucky, but for anyone trying to get the reservation working, it might help.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1823
D A
macrumors regular

I got to see the box today, but I couldn't get the phone because I want to convert my account from prepaid to contract so that I can surf on the thing. Will probably have to wait another couple of days or so.

They could have told me this ages ago since I ordered nearly two months ago.
D A is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:32 AM   #1824
sulliweb
macrumors regular

I ordered an iPhone 5 from AT&T, status went from backordered to processing yesterday. For those that have gotten their phone from AT&T, how long until I get the phone once it goes into processing?

Ok, I'm just being impatient and I know it. Still, just curious...

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:19 AM   #1825
anonjd
macrumors member

I just realized that on Apple.ca it now says 2-3 weeks. When I ordered mine it was still 3-4 weeks.

Anyone think that maybe we'll start seeing the iPhone 5 shipped/received earlier than the dates we've been given?

It's exactly one month since I've been without a phone and I'm seriously going crazy. lol.
anonjd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone