Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Adams

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Fort Worth, TX USA
I avoid Walmart like the freaking plague. I *HATE* those stores and the mutants they try to pass off as employees. Why would anyone buy an iPad from them? Walmart is where you go for toilet paper and laundry detergent.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
When I worked at Walmart the trucks that came in were unreal and I worked with these shipments for a little over a year.

These trucks looked like the distribution centers took a conveyor, threw freight on the line and just allowed the items to just fall into the truck.. There was several times you had to run out of the truck because the stacks would just fall all over when you pulled one box from the top..

Not to mention a shipment where candles were stacked on paper towels crushing them or the time dog food was shrink wrapped to the floor.

To be honest I wouldn't buy any expensive electronic devices from Walmart.

... And not to defend these ******* workers or anything but as far as I am concerned you get what you pay for.. In Walmart case you pay crap wages you're gonna get crap employees. It was a great starting job for me because jobs after that always looked great after working for that crappy company.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Idiots, to say the least. Not surprising considering where they work.

So you're saying someone who works at Walmart is an idiot? While I don't work there, that's a pretty arrogant statement. I'm not saying working for Walmart is wonderful, but saying you're not surprised they're idiots because they work at Walmart is just plain rude.

johnson102

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Bah! Ignoring the real idiots, I've seen in supermarkets workers get complacent about the goods they carry, only after a few weeks they're throwing around cartons of goods simply because they get in the way of work.
At least in supermarkets if something breaks you can see it happen and adjust, but in the world of electronics it's rather hidden hence it's worse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.