Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aangair

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I have just updated to ios 6 on my ipod touch 4th gen 8gb. Now the mail, calender, Maps and Safari doesnt work. When I click them they just close down and do not work.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::apple::(:(:(:(:(:(

Aangair

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
As in resetting everything and restoring it all and setting up as a new iPod?

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
As in resetting everything and restoring it all and setting up as a new iPod?

No. You do a hard reset by pressing and holding the home button at the bottom and the sleep/wake button at the top simultaneously until the iPod shuts itself off and reboots. You have to hold those buttons down for anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds.

That cures lots of problems. Hopefully it will work for you.

coolguy879

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
No. You do a hard reset by pressing and holding the home button at the bottom and the sleep/wake button at the top simultaneously until the iPod shuts itself off and reboots. You have to hold those buttons down for anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds.

That cures lots of problems. Hopefully it will work for you.

Don't bank on it. The EXACT same thing happened to me on my iPod touch 3G running iOS 5.1.1 (jailbroken) when I clicked on the Passbook icon on an iOS 6 theme (the icon just opens and closes). All my other stock apps then went into 'fake Passbook' mode and many hard resets didn't solve anything. I had to restore the iPod in iTunes (luckily I had a fairly recent backup with just a few apps and notes missing). But still, try the hard reset. It's more convenient than a restore! If the hard reset doesn't work, then restore the iPod through iTunes. Hope I helped! :)

Aangair

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Oh thank you guys. I did the hard reset but it doesn't work still. And also the Game Center app doesn't work either. Ill reset it through iTunes ad see if it works. Btw it's not jailbroken. And on iOS 6.0 it all worked but once I updated to iOS 6.0.1 the apps stopped working

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Went to play with an ipod touch 4G at store yesterday and i noticed its already running 6.0.1. Device seems pretty smooth eventhough there are like 20 apps running in multitask. At 256 ram, it is quicker than 3GS probably due to quicker cpu and lacks of phone ability.

Anyway, i think you can try restore the device in Itune and backup all apps, no need to start as new ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.