Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:31 PM   #1
justein
macrumors member

Mobile Share on iPad 2 AT&T

I have an iPad 2 that I want to put on our mobile share plan, does it get locked into a contract if I do that? If I do get put into a contract, can I switch the tablet? (Ex: If I get a new iPad 4 or iPad mini). Thanks

justein is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:53 AM   #2
LFSimon
macrumors regular

I also believe that you can move devices between plans as often as you like regardless of whether they are under a contract term or not and that this has no impact on the contract term length or existence for any device. I believe the only event that causes a contract term to occur or be extended is when a new device is purchased at a discounted price which requires one to enter into a new contract term or extension and that in that case the new term only applies to that particular device.

In other words, if you had an iPad to a shared plan you can take it out any time you'd like with no penalty.

I think the only possible negative of changing a device from one plan to another is that once you leave a plan that is no longer offered you can never go back. You can only change to a plan that is currently offered.
LFSimon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
at&t, data plan, ipad 2, mobile share