Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:05 PM   #1
caughtintheweb
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Will there be a black friday sale at apple

Hi All,

I wanted to know if I should wait till black friday to buy an ipad 4. Does apple usually have black friday sales.

Thanks
__________________
27" iMac, 2.93 GHz i7, 12 GB RAM, 1TB HD ; 16 GB iPhone ; 13" Macbook unibody, 2.4 Ghz C2D, 4 GB RAM
caughtintheweb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:11 PM   #2
mcdj
macrumors 603
 
mcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
they usually manage to cough up about $8 off.
__________________
Great cage! No bird...
50f/2
mcdj is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603
 
Jessica Lares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtintheweb View Post
Hi All,

I wanted to know if I should wait till black friday to buy an ipad 4. Does apple usually have black friday sales.

Thanks
Yeah, what mcdj is true. They do have black friday sales, but it's just extra cash for the week in your pocket. With Christmas shopping starting the week afterwards, they don't want people buying loads of machines to offload on eBay for extra cash I think.

This was last year's:

http://mashable.com/2011/11/25/apple-black-friday-2/
__________________
Have You Hugged Your Mac Today?
Daily Expressions | iMac G4 | Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro | iPod Nano (7G) | iPad Mini | iPod Touch (5G) | iPhone 5S
Jessica Lares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:23 PM   #4
caughtintheweb
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah, what mcdj is true. They do have black friday sales, but it's just extra cash for the week in your pocket. With Christmas shopping starting the week afterwards, they don't want people buying loads of machines to offload on eBay for extra cash I think.

This was last year's:

http://mashable.com/2011/11/25/apple-black-friday-2/
$41 is not much, but i can as well wait since my ipad is not expected before 23rd.
__________________
27" iMac, 2.93 GHz i7, 12 GB RAM, 1TB HD ; 16 GB iPhone ; 13" Macbook unibody, 2.4 Ghz C2D, 4 GB RAM
caughtintheweb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:47 PM   #5
GrandPhrase
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtintheweb View Post
$41 is not much, but i can as well wait since my ipad is not expected before 23rd.
I'd say the $101 discount is pretty big for the Mac. Would drop the 1200 price to 1000 with the education discount (1050 for MBA).
GrandPhrase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:49 PM   #6
caughtintheweb
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
I think you get just one discount among all.
__________________
27" iMac, 2.93 GHz i7, 12 GB RAM, 1TB HD ; 16 GB iPhone ; 13" Macbook unibody, 2.4 Ghz C2D, 4 GB RAM
caughtintheweb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:14 PM   #7
clyde2801
macrumors 601
 
clyde2801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the land of no hills and red dirt.
Yeah, if they have something on sale that you were already wanting to buy, it's nice. Otherwise, meh.
__________________
I've found that the sanest question I can ask myself is 'Am I going crazy?' --Jack Robbins
2012 base 15" rMBP, 2012 base 11" MBA, late 2011 2.4 i7 17" MBP, 16 gb ram, Crucial M4 512gb SSD
clyde2801 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:30 PM   #8
skyler286
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
agreed. nothing spectacular
skyler286 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Lukkee24
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPhrase View Post
I'd say the $101 discount is pretty big for the Mac. Would drop the 1200 price to 1000 with the education discount (1050 for MBA).
Do you know if it definitely goes on top of the education discount? I was wondering that because I'm waiting for Black Friday to see the discounts on MacBooks, as I'll be buying one soon.
Lukkee24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:52 PM   #10
tl01
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Black Friday...

Does anyone remember what if at discounts apple gave last year for iPads on Black Friday? I'm trying to decide if I should order our 3 iPad minis now or after thanksgiving. I know apple doesn't usually do much... But savings are nice.
tl01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:54 PM   #11
steve dave
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
Does anyone remember what if at discounts apple gave last year for iPads on Black Friday? I'm trying to decide if I should order our 3 iPad minis now or after thanksgiving. I know apple doesn't usually do much... But savings is nice.
savings ARE nice...
steve dave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:55 PM   #12
tl01
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Try posting with a 2 year old helping....
tl01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:56 PM   #13
steve dave
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
Try posting with a 2 year old helping....
No
steve dave is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:00 PM   #14
drambuie
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Last year the 64GB 3G iPad 2 was $61 off at the Apple Retail store on Black Friday. Macs were $101 off. What's with the $1?
drambuie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:19 PM   #15
ravenvii
macrumors 604
 
ravenvii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melenkurion Skyweir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukkee24 View Post
Do you know if it definitely goes on top of the education discount? I was wondering that because I'm waiting for Black Friday to see the discounts on MacBooks, as I'll be buying one soon.
It definitely won't.
__________________
59 6F 75 20 73 70 6F 6F 6E 79 20 62 61 72 64 21
ravenvii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:03 PM   #16
GrandPhrase
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukkee24 View Post
Do you know if it definitely goes on top of the education discount? I was wondering that because I'm waiting for Black Friday to see the discounts on MacBooks, as I'll be buying one soon.
I'm honestly not sure.. Sorry. But it probably will work on top as the education discount is for students and Black Friday discounts are for everyone, technically speaking. Call up Apple to make sure. That's all I can suggest as I have never purchased one in this scenario :/
GrandPhrase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:51 PM   #17
davey1107
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
apple black friday 2012

Apple has not yet released its black friday 2012 ad.

Over the past three years, they have stuck with a similar sales model. They reduce prices on a select number of items by 2-5% of the normal price. These will be older models with overstock or decent inventory supplies. For example, last year there was a discount on iPad 2, but the model had been out awhile and inventory was good. iPad 4 and iPad Mini stocks are low, so its unknown if the discounts will carry over.

Last year - $41-$64 off iPads, $2-$10 off ipod, up to $101 off certain Mac systems.

This year Best Buy ad - already leaked - $50 gift card w/ upper end ipods, $20 gift card w/ Nano, $40-$60 off iPads (no Mini on current ad), $150-$175 off Macbook Air and Pro,

WalMart - leaked - $75 gift card with iPad 2 purchase (yee-flipping-haw)

Target - leaked - $60 gift card with "iPad with retina display" (3 or 4? unknown). $20 gift card w/Nano.

Kmart - leaked - no Apple products

Amazon - ad not out yet, but let's assume they're so in love with apple this year that they'll offer some stellar deals...like maybe putting back the product page for the iPads, or stop redirecting iPad searches to their stupid Kindles. Like...hello? I ordered steak, why do you keep bringing that nasty plate of chili dogs over here??
davey1107 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:55 PM   #18
EricByer
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I doubt Apple will offer any discount on the iPad Mini. If by some odd chance they do, I imagine the 'savings' would be the equivalent to the discounts given on iPod Touch's (given they fall in the same price range) (ie- hardly a discount at all).
EricByer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:08 PM   #19
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Dont wait for Apple's black Friday as its not a good deal as nothing you really want will be discounted much....certainly no more that VARs.
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:48 PM   #20
tl01
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
That's what I was thinking. I figure they won't give much if anything off the mini. I want to have our order in hand long before Christmas so I know there won't be any disappointment come Xmas morning! Guess I will order now.
Thanks!
tl01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:07 PM   #21
hkim1983
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey1107 View Post
WalMart - leaked - $75 gift card with iPad 2 purchase (yee-flipping-haw)
Hm, I looked at the WalMart Black Friday ad, and I did not see this mentioned at all. Can you link me to where you saw this?

Also, can you clarify a few other things for me?

-Are there limits to how many iPad 2s you can buy with this deal?
-Can you return the GC without having to return the iPad?

Thanks.
hkim1983 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:54 AM   #22
Rangomango
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey1107 View Post
Apple has not yet released its black friday 2012 ad.

Over the past three years, they have stuck with a similar sales model. They reduce prices on a select number of items by 2-5% of the normal price. These will be older models with overstock or decent inventory supplies. For example, last year there was a discount on iPad 2, but the model had been out awhile and inventory was good. iPad 4 and iPad Mini stocks are low, so its unknown if the discounts will carry over.

Last year - $41-$64 off iPads, $2-$10 off ipod, up to $101 off certain Mac systems.

This year Best Buy ad - already leaked - $50 gift card w/ upper end ipods, $20 gift card w/ Nano, $40-$60 off iPads (no Mini on current ad), $150-$175 off Macbook Air and Pro,

WalMart - leaked - $75 gift card with iPad 2 purchase (yee-flipping-haw)

Target - leaked - $60 gift card with "iPad with retina display" (3 or 4? unknown). $20 gift card w/Nano.

Kmart - leaked - no Apple products

Amazon - ad not out yet, but let's assume they're so in love with apple this year that they'll offer some stellar deals...like maybe putting back the product page for the iPads, or stop redirecting iPad searches to their stupid Kindles. Like...hello? I ordered steak, why do you keep bringing that nasty plate of chili dogs over here??

Where do you see the ipad deal at best buy? I checked their leaked ad but didnt see anything. Maybe I missed it?
Rangomango is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:04 AM   #23
loves2travel
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangomango View Post
Where do you see the ipad deal at best buy? I checked their leaked ad but didnt see anything. Maybe I missed it?


http://bfads.net/Best-Buy-Black-Frid...ad-2-with-WiFi
loves2travel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:54 AM   #24
jdag
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkim1983 View Post
Hm, I looked at the WalMart Black Friday ad, and I did not see this mentioned at all. Can you link me to where you saw this?

Also, can you clarify a few other things for me?

-Are there limits to how many iPad 2s you can buy with this deal?
-Can you return the GC without having to return the iPad?

Thanks.
No, when you get a gift card with a purchase you cannot turn around and return the gift card.
jdag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:28 AM   #25
malman89
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPhrase View Post
I'd say the $101 discount is pretty big for the Mac. Would drop the 1200 price to 1000 with the education discount (1050 for MBA).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukkee24 View Post
Do you know if it definitely goes on top of the education discount? I was wondering that because I'm waiting for Black Friday to see the discounts on MacBooks, as I'll be buying one soon.
They don't stack, which is why people say "whoop-de-doo, $1 discount" - since the $101 off - $100 already off in edu pricing = $1
__________________
Current Machine: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510

Old Machine: Late 2006 Model - 13.3" MacBook, 2 GHz C2D, 4 (3.3) GB RAM, 500 GB 7200rpm HD running OS X 10.6.8
malman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Black Friday Apple TV Sale KeegM480 Apple TV and Home Theater 8 Dec 2, 2013 11:04 AM
Probability of a Black Friday sale at Apple in the UK this November? Chipstix Buying Tips and Advice 14 Nov 26, 2013 03:49 AM
iPad: Will apple have a Black Friday online sale? Italianblend iPad 9 Nov 13, 2013 12:47 PM
Apple Black Friday Sale - what time does it start online? justjax Buying Tips and Advice 1 Nov 20, 2012 05:01 PM
Has Apple had a Black Friday sale for their refurbs? goy091 Buying Tips and Advice 3 Oct 14, 2012 10:20 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC