Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
He's working on something bigger?
That could mean anything.
Something more important to him. Something bigger in size like maybe working on his car:D
Who knows.
He went from we have enough for an iOS 6 JB to its "grim".

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
I feel that this guy is a joke now. He's saying he's working on bootrom and decryption keys for all the new processors now and that's he's only a few addresses away

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I feel that this guy is a joke now. He's saying he's working on bootrom and decryption keys for all the new processors now and that's he's only a few addresses away

A joke? How so? Can you do any of the stuff these hackers do?

It really isn't simple work and takes alot of there free time.

If people are good enough to do it and give it to you for free you should say thanks and be very grateful...

BUT

At no time should you take for granted that there will be a new jailbreak for your device unless you know your going to making your own.

This is nothing personal but I'm just feed up with people taking things for granted... At the end of the day if you want something and its not available then learn how to do it yourself or pay someone to do it...

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
A joke? How so? Can you do any of the stuff these hackers do?

It really isn't simple work and takes alot of there free time.

If people are good enough to do it and give it to you for free you should say thanks and be very grateful...

BUT

At no time should you take for granted that there will be a new jailbreak for your device unless you know your going to making your own.

This is nothing personal but I'm just feed up with people taking things for granted... At the end of the day if you want something and its not available then learn how to do it yourself or pay someone to do it...

I do not take anything jailbreak related for granted, I just think this guy is full of it and just talking to get attention. He cut himself off from the main group and now has nothing, no cooperation, no shared data, zilch. Thus, he is now at the point where he can do nothing as he cut himself off and must resort to ********ting. I do not expect anything to come from him. I may have been a bit blunt.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I do not take anything jailbreak related for granted, I just think this guy is full of it and just talking to get attention. He cut himself off from the main group and now has nothing, no cooperation, no shared data, zilch. Thus, he is now at the point where he can do nothing as he cut himself off and must resort to ********ting. I do not expect anything to come from him. I may have been a bit blunt.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it there has been lots of arguing between the hacker over the past few months. Much of it over twitter so who knows what happened. At any rate Posixninja has done his share for the jailbreak community. I certainly wouldn't call him a joke. I will continue to fallow him and see what happens. I highly doubt he is stating stuff just for attention he get enough without lying. what he decides to do with his time is up to him imo. He has my respect. he has certainly done more in the jailbreak community then you or I have.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
What those guys need is a manager or someone to work out all their different bs and get them to work together while at the same time somehow guaranteeing that all profits from the jb will be split properly.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
What those guys need is a manager or someone to work out all their different bs and get them to work together while at the same time somehow guaranteeing that all profits from the jb will be split properly.

A manager so now they are a Rock band! who is the lead singer Musclenerd maybe Pod2g.

213407848746233-1342893495.jpg

The Highlander

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
For me Saurik is what saved the iPhone... He is what made the App Store and I surely hope that he is able to reinvent the jailbreak scene so it can be perpetrated a bit longer...

Things are looking grim and the devs are the ones that will loose the most. Hopefully something comes out in the near future.

Damn... we need GeoHot back!

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
As far as I know Saurik has actually had minimal involvement in the actual jailbreaking process, although yes, he is the undisputed KING of Cydia.

Dhlizard with his brilliant talent for dealing with people's endless bs seems to be the obvious choice for manager, but unfortunately he would simultaneously need a strong desire to lose his sanity before accepting the job.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Stock iOS is brutal to the point that it did make me go android. Not to mention the poor quality of the hardware. I would've kept the iPhone 5 for 2 years with a jailbreak but I'm sure the phone would've looked like a piece of **** within 6 months with the materials they used. The iPhone just isn't fun to use stock. You guys have a lot more patience than I do. Hope you guys get your jailbreak sooner than later.

I prefer the iPhone 5 materials to the cheap plastic that everyone else uses. With a little invisishield on the back, the phone will look like new years from now (as does my i4). Yes, it's a bother, but there are pros/cons to every material that is used, and I'm glad that they used anodized aluminum.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
This makes me sad...I was starting to feel happy though then I realized if I update, I'm stuck with apple maps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.