Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
No second clock on the iphone timer. ANYWAY TO FIX THIS?

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
The stopwatch has seconds. The timer doesn't have them.

more reasons I want to go back to android. IOS is missing so many little feat. it's bothering me. Sucks that android phones are too big.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
To be honest, it's not often that someone needs to time seconds and the stopwatch works perfectly well for that.

** PLEASE STOP QUOTING THIS AND DRAGGING THE THREAD BACK UP. IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS! **

Last edited:

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
more reasons I want to go back to android. IOS is missing so many little feat. it's bothering me. Sucks that android phones are too big.

Actually the iPhone 6s is about the same size as the Samsung s6, and not too big unless you have the 5s iPhone

Reactions: HEK

Eierdoos

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2016
The stopwatch has seconds. The timer doesn't have them.
Of course it does, but I need a timer with an alarm
[doublepost=1452052567][/doublepost]
And you can't download one of the timer apps why?
Because I don't want to clutter my phone with a bunch of third party apps.
[doublepost=1452053114][/doublepost]We ended up using my wife's android for the 30 second timer and I was mocked because the great apple didn't have this obvious functionality.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Of course it does, but I need a timer with an alarm
[doublepost=1452052567][/doublepost]
Because I don't want to clutter my phone with a bunch of third party apps.
[doublepost=1452053114][/doublepost]We ended up using my wife's android for the 30 second timer and I was mocked because the great apple didn't have this obvious functionality.
Most Apple users go for a minute and don't need the ding at end to stop. Glad to see you solved problem with wife's android phone. And even more happy you took time to sign on to this forum just to tell us about it. This is especially interesting since this is a three year old thread. Must have taken a while to find the thread, how many you search through? What kind of point you trying to make?

Actually you were being mocked, because people see through what your real motivations are.

Oh, and by the way, you can set timer for 30 seconds and watch the countdown, and get the alarm at the end. Quite simple really and you don't even have to touch the iPhone. Just say, "Hey Siri, set timer for 30 seconds." Timer gets set, Siri responds, shows a clock on screen counting down 30 seconds and then the alarm goes off.

See, the great Apple does have the functionality after all. SLAM DUNK

Last edited:

brainshower

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2014
To be honest, it's not often that someone needs to time seconds and the stopwatch works perfectly well for that.
How is that helpful, and where did you obtain this expert opinion? I personally can think of many reasons for requiring seconds (even cooking an egg to perfection), and even if there were only a few, does that make it a good reason not to include seconds?

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
How is that helpful, and where did you obtain this expert opinion? I personally can think of many reasons for requiring seconds (even cooking an egg to perfection), and even if there were only a few, does that make it a good reason not to include seconds?
Way to jump on a more than 3-year old post. Just so you'll calm down, I'll repeat some advice given in the post above yours, which is this: Ask Siri to set a timer for however many seconds you require. Method works perfectly and alarm sounds when countdown reaches zero. Siri shows the timing on the screen as it progresses.

You wasted your first post to troll me? Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Way to jump on a more than 3-year old post. Just so you'll calm down, I'll repeat some advice given in the post above yours, which is this: Ask Siri to set a timer for however many seconds you require. Method works perfectly and alarm sounds when countdown reaches zero. Siri shows the timing on the screen as it progresses.

LMAO......such are the way of trolling. Actually a perfect first post. Ignore the solution provided and go right to arguing an opinion.

brainshower

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2014

I wasn't attempting to jump on your post and when looking for a timer I didn't specify a time to Google. I was merely pointing out that when someone is looking for a solution it is not helpful to suggest not many people have a need for that. It's like the people who respond "I'm not having that problem". Although your Siri suggestion would not address the issue I was attempting to solve, I gave it a try. Siri's response was to give me other suggestions such as "set my alarm for 9:30"

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I wasn't attempting to jump on your post and when looking for a timer I didn't specify a time to Google. I was merely pointing out that when someone is looking for a solution it is not helpful to suggest not many people have a need for that. It's like the people who respond "I'm not having that problem". Although your Siri suggestion would not address the issue I was attempting to solve, I gave it a try. Siri's response was to give me other suggestions such as "set my alarm for 9:30"
Just used Siri to set a timer for 30 seconds and it worked without any issues.

Reactions: lelisa13p

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Say it this way: Hey Siri, set a timer for (insert number) seconds.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I set timer using Siri several times a day. Works every time. Follow my words exactly, resist the urge to change this text. Ready.......say, "Hey Siri set timer to 30 seconds." I am assuming you have a 6s or 6s+. Have Hey Siri turned on, and trained to your voice. Now when that works you can set timers for other times20 seconds, 45 seconds, 90 seconds, etc.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's time for you to shift on Android, as you got many things to see missing in IOS iPhones.
So switch to Android because of seconds not being on the built-in timer (and available via Siri or third party apps)?

meanjeans

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2016
South Bay LA
How so? If I want to time my workouts/stretches to 30 seconds, as far as I can determine the stopwatch requires me to watch it until it reaches 30 seconds. It also does not chime at any given time span.

brainshower

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2014
Most Apple users go for a minute and don't need the ding at end to stop. Glad to see you solved problem with wife's android phone. And even more happy you took time to sign on to this forum just to tell us about it. This is especially interesting since this is a three year old thread. Must have taken a while to find the thread, how many you search through? What kind of point you trying to make?

Actually you were being mocked, because people see through what your real motivations are.

Oh, and by the way, you can set timer for 30 seconds and watch the countdown, and get the alarm at the end. Quite simple really and you don't even have to touch the iPhone. Just say, "Hey Siri, set timer for 30 seconds." Timer gets set, Siri responds, shows a clock on screen counting down 30 seconds and then the alarm goes off.

See, the great Apple does have the functionality after all. SLAM DUNK
[doublepost=1463165003][/doublepost]Tried Hey Siri. First she tried to find a contact, then a FaceTime

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
That's weird. Try say hey Siri. Then follow up by saying set timer as second sentence. it is not understanding you thinks you saying FaceTime instead of set timer. Could be your voice or pronunciation. Speak recognition can be tricky. More art than science.

also Turn Siri off, reboot phone, turn Siri back on and train to your voice again.

Mine always gets it. I say hey Siri set timer. Then it asks for how long. If I say the length of time in first statement it says setting timer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.