Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abazigal

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
For me, my 4s' battery seems to be draining faster these days.

While it is true that I am starting to make fuller use of more power-draining features (basically just push email), I am dismayed that the battery cannot seem to sustain usage of features which I deem expected and necessary in today's interconnected world.

I have turned off location services, and even on light usage (mild surfing, app usage here and there), my phone is usually down to ~20-30% by the time I reach home. I don't even use it to listen to music or stream youtube.

So if I am out for some meeting, my phone may not even reach home switched on. I cannot imagine what will happen were I to start adopting the pebble watch next year (connects via bluetooth, resulting in further battery drain).

What about you people? :confused:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My iPhone 5 lasts me more then a day, though I do plug it in at night

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
My iPhone 5 runs throughout the day checking emails, streaming radio in the morning, Facebook, etc...l when I get home I have 3/4 of the battery left

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
My iPhone5 lasts longer than a day even when I have the gps on for over an hour on my runs. I'm pretty impressed so far.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Yes.

My iPhone 5, like the iPhone 4 before it lasts all day very easily - I plug it in at night, but it'd probably last the best part of two days before going flat.

I have both wifi and bluetooth switched on.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
My iPhone 5 almost always lasts a day and a half, unless I'm in a bad reception area. In my normal locations, it's near impossible for me to kill it in a day.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
The day with one exception.
Streaming music via cellular AND rebroadcast to car Audio via Bluetooth.

Fixed that issue by buying a car adapter to charge battery.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I really don't understand when people say that their iPhones won't even last a day??? I can make my iPhone 5 ( and also did the same with my iPhone 4) last well over 3 to 4 days between charges if I'm not constantly on it.

I do turn it off at night though but generally, my iPhone lasts well over a day.........

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
My iPhone5 battery has vastly improved after..

Switching off automatic mail (or whatever its called?). I just open up mail to receive any new mail.

Location services turned off, except for findmyiphone.

Wifi off, just switch it on when needed.

Im still having to put it on charge every night though.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Usually lasts me a whole day easily. I get home and I'm always around 20-30 percent if I use the phone relatively heavily!

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Hmmmm, wonder what's wrong with my 5 then. I am lucky to make it 9 hours before it hits 10% and I do no streaming of any kind. I do emails, texts, browsing and some calls. Battery sucks compared to my Galaxy S3

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Hmmmm, wonder what's wrong with my 5 then. I am lucky to make it 9 hours before it hits 10% and I do no streaming of any kind. I do emails, texts, browsing and some calls. Battery sucks compared to my Galaxy S3

9 hours of use or standby? If 9 hours of use, I'd be thrilled.

Klcarson

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Mine totally DOES NOT!!! Also now despite numerous charger changes I am having trouble with the charger not keeping a connection! Even at night when the phone isn't being touched at all! No problems for almost a year and now I'm totally frustrated!

stoneland

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
Usually, but it all depends on usage. I tend to use Pandora a lot on the subway where signal is intermittent so that drains it a lot quickly. I also use a lot of location-based apps off and on throughout the day so that impacts it as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.