Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Bluechase
macrumors newbie

iPad 3 mirroring xbmc to atv3 not full screen

Hi all, I have done a lot of searching but found nothing that works so sorry if this has been asked before. I bought an atv3 to stream movies from my xbmc and watch full screen as the av adapter won't. After looking online before I got it it seemed simple, I downloaded display out from cydia and set up the atv3. But then all I got was a shrunk xbmc in the top right after some searching I found out that it was due to the display out that I installed, I uninstalled it and bang works fine again.

But now im stuck with how to get a full screen on my HDTV........ Spent a while now searching with nothing to 100% work. Please anyone help me get something to stream xbmc on my iPad 3 to my ATV3 full screen HDTV.

I have also tried this:

Download a nightly build and...

1. Before opening XBMC enable global AirPlay mirroring by double-tapping the home button, swiping from left to right to bring up the volume control and AirPlay icon, and selecting your Apple TV from the options.

2. Go to Settings -> Appearance -> Skin and change the skin to something like Confluence (not required, but makes operating XBMC on a TV easier).

3. Go to Settings -> System -> Video output and change it to "Display #2"

4. Now you can use the iDevice screen for directional navigation by swiping. Tap to select things, two finger tap to go back.

But all I get is navix not working due to the nightly and therefor a cannot get the display #2 option to use full screen

Thank you in advanced
Bluechase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Rushli0n
macrumors regular

Try stretching your TV resolution.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater