Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

domhoenig

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
someone give me a hand with this...i'm being impatient but i personally think the apple tracking is poor at best. it's just unclear as to what stage my order is at.....it states it's in transit to me at the top left, but i have ZERO tracking information so i'm unable to trace my order..

am i missing something?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 470

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
someone give me a hand with this...i'm being impatient but i personally think the apple tracking is poor at best. it's just unclear as to what stage my order is at.....it states it's in transit to me at the top left, but i have ZERO tracking information so i'm unable to trace my order..

am i missing something?

Yes, this tracking screen is not the clearest. Did you customise your build? In which case, it will likely be coming from China, any peripherals ordered will already be in the UK. So the machine might be heading from China just now.

You might not be able to track until it is out for delivery. Even then, mine was showing with an estimated delivery time of 6pm long after I had received it.

domhoenig

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
I really think it could be clearer! yes I did customise mine...2.6ghz processor.

putting own RAM and SSD in when it arrives

I'm getting massively impatient! I'd be fine about it if I could see currently where abouts in the world it is. is there anyway I could see this?

StevenT42

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
For US orders, it actually links you directly to the shipper's tracking page from the Order Status. Are there no such links on your Order Status page?

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
so what the hell do we get?!!?

When the order is in the UK and goes to the the carrier, you get a tracking update which tells you the carrier and tracking number. You can track it then.

However, some carrier websites are more reliable than others. I've had stuff shipped via UPS which was good, but my 2012 Mini was shipped by Syncreon, which has a website designed in about 1998 by the look of it.

I seem to recall there is a dashboard widget for Apple tracking if you're already running a Mac - that might give more info.

stellan0r

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
Same here, bto Mini plus lots of other stuff from the apple store (like a VESA mount, display, cables etc.) It says for me that the order will be merged together in Prague and then afterwards I can track it.

We will see ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.