Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Soundcheck
macrumors newbie

rMBP 15 - Actual battery life?

Hi,

I've read and seen many threads about battery life when it comes to light stuff such as light browsing.. turning down the brightness etc etc.

I have my rMBP 15 inch and im curious how many hours other people get from their laptops when they do "normal" stuff. what settings u using and etc.
Like.. stuff you would do if ur charger is plugged in.

Examples:

1. When browsing with full brightness and like 5-8 tabs.
2. Watching movies.
3. Playing games.
4. Listening to Spotify when browsing..

And stuff like that..

I feel like i get about 2-3 hours when doing stuff like that..
What do you get?
Soundcheck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundcheck View Post
I have my rMBP 15 inch and im curious how many hours other people get from their laptops when they do "normal" stuff. what settings u using and etc.
There are so many variables that affect battery life that comparing with other users becomes meaningless, as they have a different mix of processes running, different settings, etc. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro