Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:25 AM   #1
Thomas Veil
macrumors 68020

Obama's classy, heartfelt "thank you" to his campaign workers

The next person who says that Obama can't speak without a teleprompter should have this video shoved down his throat, or up his ass, or something.

I'll bet Obama wasn't the only person in the room getting teary-eyed.

Thomas Veil is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:25 AM   #2
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

The President, to me at least, has a LOT of George W Bush in him. By that I mean he seems like a genuinely good guy (I wouldn't say so much about a lot of his senior advisers, but the same would hold true for Bush 43 as well) that you would like to sit down and have a beer with.

I may disagree with him on a large chunk of his fiscal policies and the role of the federal government in our day to day lives, but Barack Obama just seems like a good dude and one that genuinely cares about people.
ugahairydawgs is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Scepticalscribe
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Firstly, thank you OP for posting this. Great video.

Bravo, Barack Obama, an articulate, classy, heartfelt and beautifully expressed 'thank you'.

And I'm prepared to bet that the campaign credit cards of President Obama's campaign workers - if they had them - were not stopped immediately after the declaration, before they reached home, and nor would they have been, even had President Obama lost the election.

Class and character will out. Respect for others - his electorate and his co-workers - distinguished President Obama's campaign, as the flagrant lack of same characterised the campaign of his challenger.
Scepticalscribe is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:28 AM   #4
AhmedFaisal

<snip>

Last edited by AhmedFaisal; Nov 11, 2013 at 08:01 AM.
  2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Prototypical
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
The President, to me at least, has a LOT of George W Bush in him. By that I mean he seems like a genuinely good guy (I wouldn't say so much about a lot of his senior advisers, but the same would hold true for Bush 43 as well) that you would like to sit down and have a beer with.
I feel this way about W as well. He may have been in way over his head on a lot of things, but as a person, I think he was a good guy with good intentions... regardless of what he did/didn't do as president.

I always liked Obama for his calm, personable demeanor, but this helps seal the deal for me liking him as a person. You could always tell he was a real, warm-blooded human being when he was with Michelle and the kids but this was the first time he has really shown his human side with "the rest of us." And since it was post-election, you can't argue that it's just a political move. He was sincerely grateful and emotional.

It's always nice to know that the leader that we elected is more than just a political robot.
Prototypical is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:39 PM   #6
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
The next person who says that Obama can't speak without a teleprompter should have this video shoved down his throat, or up his ass, or something.

I'll bet Obama wasn't the only person in the room getting teary-eyed.

YouTube: video
Amazing video from an amazing man. He knows how to treat his campaign staff right. And to all those conservatives here who gushed over the robotic performance of Romney...this is what sincere looks like people.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Tsuchiya
macrumors 65816

Campaign workers work hard, Obama did a good thing addressing them like that.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:21 PM   #8
samiwas
macrumors 65816

I saw this video posted on some website, maybe Yahoo, and it was torn apart by rapid right-wing ideologists calling it fake and saying a leader would never cry, etc. Bitterness runs in the family.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:14 AM   #9
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
I saw this video posted on some website, maybe Yahoo, and it was torn apart by rapid right-wing ideologists calling it fake and saying a leader would never cry, etc. Bitterness runs in the family.
Yahoo comments are the worst. I posted a pro-Obama comment stating with good reason why I was voting for him and it was downranked into oblivion and people blatantly called me an idiot and suggested for some reason that I lived in my parents basement...Pretty terrible.
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:32 AM   #10
vega07
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dylan34 View Post
Yahoo comments are the worst. I posted a pro-Obama comment stating with good reason why I was voting for him and it was downranked into oblivion and people blatantly called me an idiot and suggested for some reason that I lived in my parents basement...Pretty terrible.
Stay away from Yahoo. I hate to say it but idiots and low-info voters plague that site. Sometimes even worse than Faux Noise.
vega07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:06 PM   #11
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
Hmmm interesting. I wonder if those conservatives consider John Boehner to not be a leader then.

MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues