Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:51 PM   #1
edahani
macrumors newbie

Problems with Apple ID & iCloud!

Hi everyone,

I need some advise on what's best for me with the situation below:

- i have a primary Apple ID with @mac.com which I use mainly for everything on my Mac and iPhone and iPod

- in 2009 if not mistaken I decided to try out MobileMe and I was given an email with @me.com. But after a while I decided not to proceed with the subscription so I just left it be.

- now I would like to have an Apple email possibly with my current username with @mac.com (I actually have the same username for both @mac.com and @me.com).

For my @me.com ID (which is not my primary ID), Apple has reserved me the username I want (which is my name). But, I wanted it to be associated with my @mac.com ID. If that's not possible then I am ok using the one Apple reserved for me with my @me.com ID.

Now if I'm gonna do that, I would have a problem with my bookmarks, photo streaming, etc which can only be done using my primary Apple ID (@mac.com).

And if I'm gonna add another email to my @mac.com, I would have to choose another username and then end up having 2 Apple emails?

Can I actually have 2 Apple IDs for all my devices, one as the primary which I will use for everything except email. And another just for email.

I hope someone can give me the best possible solution.

Here's my devices details:
MBP with OSX 10.8.2
iPhone with iOS 6.0.1

Thanks!
edahani is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services