Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbpro108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Not a stolen ipod or anything. please read I'll try to make it quick.

I had a ipod touch 4th gen that fell into water. Home button broke so I jailbroke it and installed a program that enabled me to re-porgram the home button. So now if I push both volume buttons it acts as if my home button is being pushed.
I used jailbreak me.com to jailbreak since that didn't require me to go into DFU mode.

Anyhow I never used this since I got an iphone. I recently sold it to an employees 13 yr old son who put a password on it. He doesn't know what the password is and has given it back to me to fix. I have looked online and it seems like they all require to go into DFU mode. It will not go into DFU mode with the home button hack.

So how do I get pass the password without having to restore? It is still linked to my itunes but I can't restore as new because if I do it will upgrade me to the newest iOS, and I will not be able to jailbreak using jailbreakme.

Any suggestions??

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Connect to iTunes computer of current owner and it should work w/out a password and go from there.

mbpro108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Connect and do what?? It is still locked. Running ios 4.3.1 if that makes a difference.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
There's software online that can put an iDevice into DFU mode. Look up "DFU Mode Software" and you should be able to easily find something useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.