Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:49 AM   #1
zauze
macrumors newbie

If you're too old, you might not want to get the iPad mini...

I hear it gives them headaches. An HD rez screen just isn't enough for people who don't have very good eyes, I guess.
zauze is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:03 AM   #2
RevTEG
macrumors regular

35 years old. Great eyesight. No glasses. My Mimi gives me eye strain reading the small text in Safari. Headaches follow the eye strain. My complaint isn't the screen resolution. It's the safari font size. Which Apple will correct at some point.

But by your definition I must be an old dude. Lol
RevTEG is offline   3
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:41 AM   #3
Trat
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauze View Post
I hear it gives them headaches. An HD rez screen just isn't enough for people who don't have very good eyes, I guess.
Thanks for letting us know. Current amount of FUD on the rez isn't enough for people who don't try things themselves, I guess.
Trat is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:29 AM   #4
N0ddie
macrumors regular

My dads 65 and has no issues with the mini screen.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:50 AM   #5
m00min
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevTEG View Post
35 years old. Great eyesight. No glasses. My Mimi gives me eye strain reading the small text in Safari. Headaches follow the eye strain. My complaint isn't the screen resolution. It's the safari font size. Which Apple will correct at some point.

But by your definition I must be an old dude. Lol
Is it all websites where you're finding a problem? Or just specific ones?

It's worth remembering that a lot of web designers might only test on iDevices and since the iPad Mini is new they might not have bothered testing on 7" screens.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:04 AM   #6
normwood
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Sorry...I'm 46 and have horrible eye site. I wear glasses you could burn **** with on a sunny day. Week + with the Mini and no headaches.

Please go troll somewhere else.

Steve
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:46 AM   #7
Nukemkb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Dumbest comment... I vote dumbest comment of the month.
Nukemkb is offline   1
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:50 AM   #8
maflynn

Quote:
Sorry but that statement is false. I'm nearing 48, have extremely poor eye sight have had 40+ eyes where I need reading glasses as well. The mini does not produce any headaches or eye strain for me. I was reading last night for a couple of hours on it without any issues. I use it daily for reading as well, without any headaches
maflynn is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:59 AM   #9
tl01
macrumors 6502a

What does age have to do with eye sight? I have a six year old who wears glasses and know a 50 year who doesn't. Should the 6 year old get a mini and the 50 year old not?
tl01 is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:09 AM   #10
xlii
macrumors 68000

I'll weigh in here. I'm 59 years old and I don't wear glasses. My eyesight isn't perfect but it's not bad. My eyes started to change when I turned 42... so you young guys... just you wait.

I can't read the fine print like I used to. You know, the little warning labels on all the products we buy. My near focus is shot. I used to be able to put a circuit board 3 inches from my eyes and easily focus on it. Now the nearest I can focus is about 15 inches.

It's not true about everyone... but as a general rule... the older you get... the more help you need with the small print.
xlii is offline   0
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:17 AM   #11
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

I have no eyesight in my left eye, and barely any left in my right one, and the iPad Mini is working fine for me. You're always going to get a headache if you look at a screen for long periods of time, especially one that you interact with and has a lot of movement on the screen.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:27 AM   #12
nanotoj
macrumors member

I am 51, have worn glasses since my teens, have had the Mini since launch day and have had NO problems with headaches or seeing the screen. I would be disappointed and also be the first person to take it back if there were any issues.. Unless something happens between now and this coming Friday which is the end of my 14 days, it isn't going anywhere.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:32 AM   #13
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

AGEISM!!!!

I'm appalled!

I'm insulted!

I'm enraged!

I'm old, so I have to go lie down now after all this excitement....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	We Don't Like This....png
Views:	7
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	376510  
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:35 AM   #14
stridemat

MOD NOTE

Please use one of the existing threads discussing the iPad Mini screen.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland