Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skybolt1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
I have an early 2007 IMac that can't operate mountain lion. I was wondering if I could cable my Newer MacBook Pro to the Imac and use it simple as a monitor.

rpg51

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
Related question -

If you are using an iMac as external display for an MBA are you able to make use of an external usb keyboard and mouse attached to the iMac's usb ports?

Also, can you put the MBA into clamshell mode when using an iMac as an external display for the MBA?

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Related question -

If you are using an iMac as external display for an MBA are you able to make use of an external usb keyboard and mouse attached to the iMac's usb ports?

No, as far as I know it's only a display connection, unlike the Thunderbolt display which acts more like a full docking station.

Also, can you put the MBA into clamshell mode when using an iMac as an external display for the MBA?

Yes that should work just fine. You would have to plug in a keyboard and mouse though as you normally do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.