Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has started airing two new television ads for the iPad mini, the second and third spots released for the iPad mini. Apple previously released the 'Piano' ad that was shown during the iPad mini media event.

The second ad, called 'Photos', uses the same side-by-side format as the other two iPad mini ads. This time, Apple shows off iPhoto for iOS with the 60's classic song Two of a Kind by Bobby Darin and Johnny Mercer in the background.

Article Link: Apple Airs Two New iPad Mini Television Ads, 'Photos' and 'Books'

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
I find it all the more ironic when it emphasizes text and photos, yet you know the Mini doesn't use a retina screen...

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
I find it all the more ironic when it emphasizes text and photos, yet you know the Mini doesn't use a retina screen...

Ding ding...was going to say the same thing.

They would have crushed it with putting retina on this...everyone knows it's coming...ridiculous they left it off.

MrKambo

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
i like the 'Photos' ad, very different way of looking at things! clever!

MMOTotal

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Azeroth

I don't think the intention was to emphasise the text but rather the portability of the device compared to the iPad with reading books.

On the other hand, the photo one was just really creative and had a unique perspective.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Smaller DPI then 10".
It is not that bad on iPad 2, better on mini.

It is a lower DPI, but only because they quite literally shrunk an iPad 2 screen, and its UI, down to a 7.8" screen. Which also brings up ergonomic issues...

gmehje

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
The photo ad works as its visually engaging and simple. The visual idea is 'cute' and the execution works.

The books ad relies on the viewer to actually read the book titles to get the connection. Not very obvious at all and it's subtlety will be missed by many I suspect.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
They should just bring back the PC Guy.

And Honey Boo Boo could play the iPad Mini Girl.

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg
Hello! I am an iPad!

mini-me.jpg
And I am an iPad Mini!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.